Main Menu
R

Hello

Started by Rhaven Blaack, October 20, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaven Blaack

I see.
I guess that this also goes for uploading photos as well? I was going to upload some of my work to show everyone, but I (apparently) do not have access to that either, for now.

RussC

No, actually, you should be able to post pictures straight away, just use that icon that looks a bit like a framed picture, second from the far left in the row of buttons just above the emoticons. This will give you a blank img tag set, open img and close img, with the cursor between so you can paste your path to the image hosting site item right there. Use the image path if you can rather than a copy of the site url with image number. Needs a bit of practice, and a bit convoluted for a modern site. I liken it to firing black powder musket while other sites are like UZI's.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Geoff

Welcome to the asylum.

Quote from: overscan on October 21, 2011, 02:53:52 AM
.......... Any would be spammers or hackers will hopefully either give up before then or reveal themselves by posting rubbish.

Some of us post rubbish anyway, but don't confuse me with a hacker. ;D

ChrisF

What geoff said !   ;D

Rhaven Blaack

Quote from: RussC on October 21, 2011, 09:31:15 AM
No, actually, you should be able to post pictures straight away, just use that icon that looks a bit like a framed picture, second from the far left in the row of buttons just above the emoticons. This will give you a blank img tag set, open img and close img, with the cursor between so you can paste your path to the image hosting site item right there. Use the image path if you can rather than a copy of the site url with image number. Needs a bit of practice, and a bit convoluted for a modern site. I liken it to firing black powder musket while other sites are like UZI's.

What about posting photos that you have on your computer? Is it possible to do such, or do I have to have an account with an image hosting site like "PHOTOBUCKET"?
As for using an UZI or Black Powder Musket, I can fire both as well as everything else in between. ;)

arkon

welcome aboard , glad you found us!
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

GTX

Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 22, 2011, 07:02:35 AM

What about posting photos that you have on your computer? Is it possible to do such, or do I have to have an account with an image hosting site like "PHOTOBUCKET"?

It isn't possible to post photos directly.  All photos require some sort of hosting.  It is really easy to do though.  See the following for how to:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32096.0.html
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32278.0.html

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Quote from: GTX on October 22, 2011, 12:29:46 PM

It isn't possible to post photos directly.  All photos require some sort of hosting.  It is really easy to do though.  See the following for how to:

Regards,

Greg

Than for the advice. I will give it a go and see what happens.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 22, 2011, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: GTX on October 22, 2011, 12:29:46 PM

Regards,

Greg

Than for the advice. I will give it a go and see what happens.

Yup we stopped allowing direct posting of pictures for space reasons.

It took me a while to figure out how to link from an off site facility, but if I can do it anyone can  ;D

Looking forward to seeing some of your builds

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

The Profile page also has "Uploaded files" in the list on the left. What's that for?

(I have nothing there and haven't noticed a way to upload anything)

Supertom

Hi Perttime, that was set up when we could still upload files.  We forgot to remove the link when we stopped file uploads.  We'll get it off as soon as we can.  Sorry!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

perttime

Quote from: Supertom on January 05, 2012, 05:31:15 AMWe'll get it off as soon as we can.  Sorry!
Not to worry. As you see, I'm new here and still figuring out how things work.

Marky607

Hello, I'm Marky607 and I'm new to this site. Always been fascinated by What If, especially in history which I like as well. I mainly model aircraft but have been known to bash away at a flat-top once or twice. I have built recently, a modified Cf-105 with more wing area and rather large missiles under it. I have done a four engined, stretched and widened Transall and a Rotodyne COD aircraft. And a R.1 Atmos which is a design of my own using 'real' parts. That's it for now.
And hello again. :smiley:

Old Wombat

G'day, Marky! Welcome aboard the Nutter Express! ;D

You'd probably be better off creating your own "New Topic", that way people realise there's a newcomer to harass! :thumbsup:

Enjoy the strangely focussed insanity. :wacko:

:cheers:

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard Marky
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.