Football Team Colors on Aircraft Query

Started by Cobra, October 23, 2011, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys,i've been thinking about something for a Long Time, I've had this Idea in my head to Build a C-130 & Paint it in the Colors of the Green Bay Packers Football Team, I'm Talking American Football here. Would it be Workable to use Gloss or Flat Enamel for the team Colors?  Hope this Doesn't sound Too Crazy. What Say You? btw,i have a C-130 model but,i may try to Purchase a Larger Model for my Project. Thanks for looking. Dan

Maverick

I'd go gloss for the project Dan.  Those military types that have a public relations facet (Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, etc) are gloss schemes and most, if not all, civilian aircraft sport glossy finishes, so gloss sounds like the way to go.

Regards,

Mav

dragon

The idea is not that crazy.  The military has done similar things before.  As I understand it, there is a Naval Squadron that regularly uses the Seattle SeaHawks logo.  You can also order from Two Bobs a set that conmemorates an F-16 from the Indiana ANG that sported the Indianapolis Colts logo.  Then of course is the famous image of the USS CHICAGO during the 1990s that sported the Chicago Bulls logo for a while.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Then there's the mad Dutchies, painting up a Leopard 2 in their Elftal scheme.

Quote from: dragon on October 24, 2011, 09:48:40 PM
<...> As I understand it, there is a Naval Squadron that regularly uses the Seattle SeaHawks logo.  <...>

Yup! :thumbsup: VMAQ-4 "Seahawks", flying EA-6B Prowlers.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?