The Premier RAF display team. (Now with added outsideness!)

Started by TallEng, October 25, 2011, 06:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

In 1960 92 Squadron was chosen as Fighter Command's official Aerobatic Display Team, taking over from "Treble One", and adopting the name the Blue Diamonds. Operating from RAF Middleton St. George. With its bright blue painted Hawker Hunters 92 squadron thrilled the crowds with its precision display including looping a formation of 18 aircraft - still a record to this day.
At the end of 1962, 92Sqn were adopted as the premier RAF Aerobatic team, A role they have held until today.
Originally intending to transition to the E.E. Lightning F.2 in early 1963, it was felt that the Lightning would not make a suitable Team aerobatic display aircraft,
so 92 remained equipped with the Hunter, Until the general run down and replacement of the Hunter by the Hawk T1, then team were re-equipped with Hawk T1's specially modified for smoke making.

So (puts on Raymond Baxter like BBC announcer voice) ;D

Ladies and Gentlemen, running in from your Left the "The Blue Diamonds"

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

flappydaffy

funky new display team  :ph34r: :ph34r: reminds me a little of the french team though  ;D ;D

Rheged

At the risk of introducing inter service rivalry, may I put in a word for "Simon's Circus"  and their  FAA Sea Vixens
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Quote from: Rheged on October 25, 2011, 07:52:25 AM
At the risk of introducing inter service rivalry, may I put in a word for "Simon's Circus"  and their  FAA Sea Vixens

That would be "Simon`s Sircus"  (to be JMNish) (had to get that in being an ex crab ;))

Mmmmm.... a Sea Vixen would look good in Navy Blue with gold trim?? :wacko:
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Rat

Quote from: flappydaffy on October 25, 2011, 06:18:30 AMfunky new display team 

Not new, the Blue Diamonds actually existed. Nice to see them brought up to date!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Pablo1965

Very awesome plane. congratulations.  :wub:

pyro-manic

That works. Now for the Yellowjacks and Black Arrows as well. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Very, very nice!  :thumbsup:
Take some pics of it against a poster of blue sky or, better yet, real blue sky (if available).  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sideshowbob9

TallEng

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 25, 2011, 02:52:35 PM
Very, very nice!  :thumbsup:
Take some pics of it against a poster of blue sky or, better yet, real blue sky (if available).  :party:

Seen over my house this afternoon ;)

Regards,
Keith (Almost in Holland)

PR19_Kit

You've really got to look hard at the 2nd piccie down, it's great!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Geoff