Eggstreme Machines, Egg Planes & More!

Started by Mossie, October 27, 2011, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Found this by accident, a whole load of Egg planes, ships, spacecraft & more.  Several of them are Hasegawa's & other kits, but most of them are scratch built.
http://www.eggstrememachines.net/

He's done a 'Making Of' if you want to have a crack ;D at your own.  There are dioramas & photoshops for a good laugh too!

Probably my favourite:

Have fun browsing!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Aircav

Some very nice models there and a lot of skill as well.  :thumbsup: ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

raafif

some great ideas  :lol: - don't know about the Eggson-Valdez dio -- shouldn't the "booms" be strips of bacon rather than Heinz spaghetti ?

Heres some by the guy who made the original egg-masters for Hasegawa http://modelbox.free.fr/dossiers/Eggs_P/index.html

I like his Grumman F3F and a few of the proposed eggplanes like the Flying "Pancake".
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: raafif on October 27, 2011, 03:38:34 PM
Heres some by the guy who made the original egg-masters for Hasegawa http://modelbox.free.fr/dossiers/Eggs_P/index.html

I like his Grumman F3F and a few of the proposed eggplanes like the Flying "Pancake".

The last page on that site has some AWESOME ideas!

The Egg B-36 is a hoot, the Egg Lightning is hilarious but the one that takes the cake for me is Egg Bucc! It almost looks as if it's not an eggcraft at all!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

WoW! and I thought that the egg thing was just a few Hasegawa kits...its a lot larger.

Really impressed by those "In action" shots, some really good Photomanip's there.

Millenium Falcon, Classic ! And yet the one egg shaped sci-fi design, the Tie Fighter, was not done...

BTW, they even did a flying wing (B2).
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

rickshaw

I love the Concordes.  Landing with the nose tilted down and "in flight" with the nose up.  Excellent!  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: RussC on October 27, 2011, 07:19:25 PM
WoW! and I thought that the egg thing was just a few Hasegawa kits...its a lot larger.

Really impressed by those "In action" shots, some really good Photomanip's there.

Millenium Falcon, Classic ! And yet the one egg shaped sci-fi design, the Tie Fighter, was not done...

BTW, they even did a flying wing (B2).

That always perplexed me that nobody ever did a Tie Egg fighter, as it seemed to be a natural. So I finally just made one myself...
http://www.starshipmodeler.org/gallery11/ap_tiegg.htm
It even got popped as a resin kit.
Gotta love the Egg Planes!

Alvis Pi

RussC

Excellent! and a lot of us might have ellipsed the body of the craft and left the solar panels as is, but you did it one better and made the panels egg shaped and left the pod round. Nice concept.

:thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Alvis 3.14159

You guys can be soooo eggasperating!
:)!

Alvis Pi

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RussC

We are an eggcentric group... :-X

Ok, no more puns, I'll get back in my cave...

Old Wombat

True we may be eggstremely eggcentric... but at least we don't have big eggos! :P
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est