Eggstreme Machines, Egg Planes & More!

Started by Mossie, October 27, 2011, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Dammit. Now I want to build my own egg plane. Or eggbot (Egg2-D2 anyone?).
All of which begs the question; where does one get plastic eggs?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Huzzah! it appears that you can also get them from Riot art and craft stores in Australia, although you have to go to an actual store, they won't sell them to you online...
weird.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 31, 2011, 09:29:36 PM
Huzzah! it appears that you can also get them from Riot art and craft stores in Australia, although you have to go to an actual store, they won't sell them to you online...
weird.

You can get hold of fake eggs for stage props & the like, quite cheaply as well.  Here's a UK supplier, I'm sure you can find one in Oz:
http://www.props4shows.co.uk/fake_food/eggs_and_poultry/956_0c.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2011, 02:50:45 AM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 31, 2011, 09:29:36 PM
weird.

You can get hold of fake eggs for stage props & the like, quite cheaply as well.  Here's a UK supplier, I'm sure you can find one in Oz:
http://www.props4shows.co.uk/fake_food/eggs_and_poultry/956_0c.html

Strangely the gift shop at the Imperial War Museum had fake egss in the "kiddies pocket money area" - very realistic as well. Took my friends grandson to the museum and he brought one home. Gave his mum a heart attack when he took it out of the fridge and dropped it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

I found an Australian egg supplier on eBay, thanks chaps!

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

Mrs PR19 came home today with an Egg Mitsubishi Zero which had been donated to her charity shop! It's now in my collection, for a small fee, and I'm wondering how you can Whiff an Egg plane.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 04, 2011, 12:12:29 PM
Mrs PR19 came home today with an Egg Mitsubishi Zero which had been donated to her charity shop! It's now in my collection, for a small fee, and I'm wondering how you can Whiff an Egg plane.....

Make it long and thin?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones