Buccaneer ADV

Started by Hobbes, October 27, 2011, 11:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

What do you get when you cross an Airfix Buccaneer with the Freightdog Canberra P.12 conversion set?

Martin H

Harro. You have just made Thorvic go weak at the knees.

I like this idea
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

The P12 nose actually fits nicely. It has the same height as the Bucc (at the point where the kit nose attaches). It's a bit wider (the P12 nose is circular, the Bucc is oval), but that's easy enough to fair in.

lancer

Harro's entering whifgasm territory again and I LIKE where it's taking us....So will the Bucc be hauling the mighty Red  Dean's on it body somewhere?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

rickshaw

I suspect it will look similar to this one (At the BAE Pegasus Airbase thread):

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

Great idea, I've been toying with the idea of adding a Sea Harrier's nose to my Airfix Bucc.

Mossie

Would it be worth chopping the cone were the panel line is, as there's enough room for the radar mounting in the Buccs nose already?  Another thing, might be worth pointing the nose as the Sea Vixen & Javelin both had this change when in service, there are versions of the P.12 drawn up with this as well.

Hmmm, ESDG over white over Stanley, or air defence greys?  Canada were interested in an interceptor variant too....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

QuoteWould it be worth chopping the cone were the panel line is,

Possibly, but I think I'm going to leave that section in; I'm not trying to be subtle here. I'll think about making the nose pointier.

kitnut617

The Javelin nose fits a Canberra very well ----

You could shape the nose a bit like it Harro.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Wow!!
What kind of engine intakes did you use?

tc2324

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 28, 2011, 07:27:23 AM

Like what you did there Kitnut, but it does remind me of the old `Beagle`.....................?

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Hobbes

Captain Slow here, finally with some progress on this build. Thanks to a tip from Geoff, I used Xtracolor EDSG to produce this:

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Army of One

Liking it......what will it be armed with...?? Will it carry a gun....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Daryl J.