Saro SR107C

Started by TallEng, October 29, 2011, 05:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Wow... a shoe-in for the RAAF  :wacko:

Ian
I know, hat, coat, gone, right ?
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sideshowbob9

QuoteDamn.  I've had this on the books for some time to do.

Me too. Was going to make mine a "Saab A36". Really must get it finished. Yours looks fantastic TallEng!  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on October 30, 2011, 04:21:25 AM

Me too. Was going to make mine a "Saab A36". Really must get it finished. Yours looks fantastic TallEng!  :thumbsup:

You do realize there's a kit of the A36 now, do you?

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Hobbes on October 30, 2011, 04:59:27 AM

Oh yes, I know. That's how long it has been in development hell!  :blink:

It may now end up in suitably gaudy USAFE colours but the original intention was for it to be Saab.

Mossie

Fantastic project you've got here TallEng!

I didn't, a quick search brings up a Broplan vacform, is this the one?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Stargazer

Wow. This is a fantastic project!!

Here is the original F-107 configuration that was turned down in favor of the one we know:

But I much prefer yours!!  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2011, 04:01:02 AM
Fantastic project you've got here TallEng!

I didn't, a quick search brings up a Broplan vacform, is this the one?

Yes.

Mossie

Hmmm, might be my first foray into vacform then. :o  Thanks Harro! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2011, 05:08:25 AM
Hmmm, might be my first foray into vacform then. :o  Thanks Harro! :thumbsup:

If you're at SMW, I'll bring the kit for inspection.

Mossie

Yes, I'll be there on the Sunday, thanks again Harro. :party:

Pablo1965

I am very interesting in this plane, this is going well, I follow the thread closely.  :thumbsup:

TallEng

A quick update!
first thanks to Hobbes for the info about the diameter of the rocket exhaust :thumbsup:
Quote from: Stargazer2006 on November 01, 2011, 04:12:28 AM
Wow. This is a fantastic project!!

Here is the original F-107 configuration that was turned down in favor of the one we know:

But I much prefer yours!!  :thumbsup:

its much easier to see the Sabre lineage from that photo.
And as for the A36 that looks like the fuselage of the F107 (with cockpit/intake rotated 180 deg. and the wings of a Delta Dart!)  ;D if only it were that easy.

Anyhow this is where we are at now:

New intake.... with guns faired in,

I rather liked the curves induced by the shape of the old intake, but adding the new intake left me with this.

So I needed an idea as to why the engine would require a 'bleed off' from the intake, (as normally a lot of jets have doors that open to let more air in at certain times)
So I decided that as the rocket motor(s) were engaged this sudden increase in forward speed would cause too much air to be forced down the intake, which would cause the engine compressor to stall, and so the intake would require a bleed off outlet, which allowed me to retain some of the curvy shape of the original intake.

Um.. that all sounds a bit odd to me; :unsure:  and I wrote it, I hope you see what I mean  :blink:
If not feel free to ask/criticise etc...

Regards
Keith

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

sideshowbob9

^ Sounds good to me. Alternatively, a bypass duct for an early low-bypass ratio turbofan like the Rolls-Royce Conway?

Looking good.

Tophe

I love your "F-16-like F-107" even if a true project looked like that. Congratulations :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]