1:144 ZVEZDA IL-86, B767, 1:144 Revell Airbus A330 Desired

Started by denodon, October 30, 2011, 10:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denodon

Hello all,

Recently I've decided to go back to a project of mine which involves modifying an il-86 model using the components of either an Airbus A330 or a Boeing 767. Searches on ebay have come up with plenty of il-86s at decent prices but the 767s are more expensive and haven't found a single A330.

Alternatively, I also have in mind getting 2 kits of the il-86 and modifying the other with parts from an Airbus A340-300 if again I could find the kits.

Australia so far is proving to be a pain in getting any kits at a reasonable price.

PR19_Kit

Have you looked under 'Revell' for the 767 as well as 'Zvezda' (or however you spell it...)?

There's not much difference between the Revell A330 and A340 kits as both have provision for the centre main gear and the wings have attachment points for either two or four engines.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

denodon

I have had a look but so far I haven't found anything. I mostly just want the wings and engines from the A330/767, whichever I end up choosing.

denodon

I just noticed I didn't actually mention my planned whiff in the first post <.<

I'm aiming for it being a Soviet widebody twin jet similar to the A300 and 767 only cooler.