2012 wishlist

Started by Spey_Phantom, November 01, 2011, 04:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

On the never to happen, but I wish it would list:   A well done 1/48 Pipistrello.
Yes, I have the Italeri one in 1/72.
D

TallEng

I'll Have: Jet Provost, Chipmunk, Scout, Blenheim, Skeeter, Lightning, Vampire, Meteor f8 (that doesn't cost the world) Swift, Hunter T7 (see Meteor f8),
Short Stirling, Short Sunderland, Lincoln, Shackleton...... (All in 1/72)

And these sound good for 1/76; Ferret, Stalwart, Scammell, Bedford RL, Foden, Saladin, Saracen, Pig, Antar, Fox, Samson, Striker.

Regards
Keith (in a world of his own ;) )
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 01, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2011, 08:48:14 AM
Modern 1/72 injection Defiant,

MPM/SH do a couple of Defiants. Typical of the "limited run" genre but are nice. Pavla also do one, have one in the stash but not built it

The MPM Defiants are beauties (Meteor F8 standards) and Airfix could do no worse than lease the tool for a while.  However, the Pavla one is awful by all accounts - so typical Pavla then.  Rumours abound that Airfix will be doing one next year...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on November 01, 2011, 04:57:31 AM
A 1/700th Leander class frigate or three, that can make all the variations with alternative bits
Some more 1/76th post-war British armour to go with the Airfix/JB jobs: FV432s, Ferrets etc...

ohyeahand....

How about some 1/72nd early British helos?

Skeeter
Widgeon
Sycamore
re-tooled, accurate-to-production-standard Belvedere

Also:

Modern-standard 1/72nd Fairey FD.2 - American X-planes are considered interesting enough to make models of, so why not Brit ones?

Some injection-moulded British transports in 1/72nd and/or 1/144th:

Andover/748
Argosy
Hastings
Belfast
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Geoff

I just want an injected AMX in 1/72nd, (1/48th will do ata push;) oh and Trumpeter to release their Be-6 in 1/72nd at a price I can afford - thank you!

MilitaryAircraft101

Big 32nd Pig  :party: :party:  :wacko: That'd sure weigh a bit! A new early mark Sunderland would be nice. And with Airfix's superb 1/24 Mossie that they gave us a few years back, how bout something else? Maybe a Fulmar, Firefly, Battle or Gannet? I'd go for one of those  :rolleyes: Or two...

bobbo

In addition to what's been mentioned,

New F2H-2 Banshee in 1/48 and/or 1/72
1/16 (or whatever) Lotus 12 & 16 and 23
Ditto BRM type 25, Vanwall, Mercedes W-196, some more 1950's F-1 cars . .  .
New tooling 1/72 CF-100 & CF-105 PLEASE!
Some General Aviation planes from the 1940's & 50's (Cessna 195, You know, that kind of stuff!)

More to come . . .

Bobbo

Weaver

Any GA planes in 1/72nd would be nice: the ones that are out there are getting collectable/thin on the ground...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Geoff on November 01, 2011, 12:44:29 PMI just want an injected AMX in 1/72nd, (1/48th will do ata push;)

Y E S  !!

And for (insert name of preferred deity here) 's Sake - Will somebody please release a 1:32 Hurricane family.... N O W !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

I have almost everything I need except for a couple items:

1. a job

2. the new 1/48 scale Me 509 kit

Matrixone

raafif

Tamiya-quality kits of ....
1/72nd
B-51 bomber
XP-67 MoonBat

some of the better / sexier whiffs from this site in 72 & 48.

A winning ticket in $20million Lotto.

A shop that will take my still-sealed kits from the last 10yrs in exchange for newly released kits (2 old for 1 new swop ?).
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 01, 2011, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 01, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2011, 08:48:14 AM
Modern 1/72 injection Defiant,

MPM/SH do a couple of Defiants. Typical of the "limited run" genre but are nice. Pavla also do one, have one in the stash but not built it

The MPM Defiants are beauties (Meteor F8 standards) and Airfix could do no worse than lease the tool for a while.  However, the Pavla one is awful by all accounts - so typical Pavla then.  Rumours abound that Airfix will be doing one next year...

I wasn't aware of the MPM kit, but it's a bit on the dear side I as plan on building several.  Fingers crossed for a new Airfix kit! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

I may have a spare MPM one.  Interested?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

Might well be Lee!  You at Telford on the Sunday?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

All weekend.  I'll have a look in the loft at me Mam's when I go over next.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: