2012 wishlist

Started by Spey_Phantom, November 01, 2011, 04:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Trumpeter 1/700 HMS Ark Royal or Eagle in their final configurations[/quote]

Yes plese! in 1/700. 

Also a 1/700 27C Essex class carrier with full Vietnam air wing- F-8, A-4, SPAD, helos, etc 

1/144 C-5A/B Galaxy
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

James

Quote from: Weaver on November 01, 2011, 10:16:47 AM
Some injection-moulded British transports in 1/72nd and/or 1/144th:

Andover/748
Argosy
Hastings
Belfast

Yes please.

And Airfix to do all the postwar British carriers in 1/600 scale please so I can put them alongside my HMS Vicky.

ChernayaAkula

For 2012, I would like new toolings of...
a 1/72 Su-25 Frogfoot and 1/72 MiG-29 Fulcrum (A and C) by Zvezda,
a 1/72 Mirage 2000, 1/72 SAAB Viggen family, 1/72 JAS-39 Gripen by Hasegawa and
a 1/144 F-16 family and 1/72 F-15E from Revell.
Pretty please!  :thumbsup:

And would somebody please do a new AH-1G Cobra in 1/72!

I'd also take a 1/144 Tu-22M from Trumpeter, 1/72 F8F Bearcat and F3H Demon from Hobby Boss. And maybe have TrumpyBoss discover that South African armour subjects would be supermassively awesome to have in 1/35!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

rickshaw

My wishlist?

More dosh to buy more kits.
A massive reduction in postage costs on EvilBay to realistic levels for kits.
A 1/72 scale Blue Streak
A 1/72 scale Blue Steel (as an accessory, rather than needing to buy a whole bomber kit to get it)
A 1/72 "fishbowl" Canberra in mass-produced injection moulding, to latest standards.
A 1/72 Swift to latest standards (at a reasonable price).
A return of the High Planes 1/72 Sea Vixen or a mass produced one at a decent price
A 1/72 Sea Venom to latest standards
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Green Dragon

Rikshaw, unbelievable that Airfix didn't do the 1/72nd fishbowl Canberra isn't it?! IIRC Italeri cancelled their B.2 as well.
Theres a lot posted on here that I'd buy but my one big wish is for a mainstream Super King Air family in 1/72nd and 1/48th, so many operated all over the Planet! So many colour schemes! So many whiffs I want to do with them too!

Really would love a Westland Wasp/Scout series.

A lot of sites lists still have Academy down for a 1/72nd Lightning F.2/F6 but I think they got scared off by Trumpy's skinny reared one, Airfix should scale down there 1/48th kits.

Agree with Nils on the repop of Revell's Arado E.555, tried getting one on ebay a couple of years ago but it went for £70! Also want a repop of the Matchbox HS125-600 but with the addition of a new sprue to include -700 engines. Also an injection 125-800 (can't afford the resin ones!).

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Ed S

We need someone to bring out a T-6 Texan II, an injected AMX, and a reasonable B-45 Tornado, all in 1/72.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

philp

Where is my list from last year?  Don't think many of them came true.

1/72nd Air:
Vautour (someone please release these, soon, been on the list of coming out for a few years now)
F-101B (Revell rerelease works for me)
Skynight (Revell rerelease of the Matchbox kit also works for me)
F-102 and F-106 new tools with MTANG markings
Seafire Mk 47 (Airfix?)
P-38 E-H early versions, new tool
EB-57B

1/72nd Armor:
M-41
M-42
M-50 Sherman
M-51 Sherman
Cadillac Gage V-100, XM706, Peacekeeper (affordable)

1/72nd Naval:
Fairmile D
80' Elco PT boat, late war
Brown Water Navy (injection molded)

1/72nd Sci-Fi:
A-Wing
B-Wing
Warhammer
Hatchetman
Star Fury
Gunstar
Disney Nautilus

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

Quote from: James on November 02, 2011, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 01, 2011, 10:16:47 AM
Some injection-moulded British transports in 1/72nd and/or 1/144th:

Andover/748
Argosy
Hastings
Belfast

Yes please.

And Airfix to do all the postwar British carriers in 1/600 scale please so I can put them alongside my HMS Vicky.

I'd love a 1/72 injection Belfast and Argosy as well as the Andover
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Aircav on November 03, 2011, 12:44:03 AM
I'd love a 1/72 injection Belfast and Argosy as well as the Andover

Me too, but I'm not sure I could get the box for the Belfast through the door...........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

albeback

Where to begin????? ;D

Avro Lincoln
Avro Shackleton ( as many marks as possible please!!)
VC-10
Belfast
Argosy
Britannia
Andover
Beverley
Hastings
Avro York
New Short Stirling
New radial engined Halifax
All marks of Gloster Javelin
C-133
C-74
C54
DC-7
C-17
C-5A/B
Avro Tudor
Handley Page Harrow
Bristol Bombay
A new Lockheed Neptune ( all marks please!!)
A complete ban on the endless issues of Spitfires/P51s/P-47s/BF109s/FW190s & any other WWII fighters that have been done to death already (yawns!) ;D
F7 Cutlass series ( Fujimi kits long out of production)
A decent B-52D/G/H
A decent B-47
Airfix to remould their old Vulcan B2
Vulcan B1/B1A
Victor B1/B2
Myasischev M4
IL-76
AN-22
Lockheed Cheyenne ( remember that? Only helicopter that looked meaner than the Apache ;D)
C-141A/B
A complete ban on the import of Hasegawa/Trumpeter/Tamiya/Academy/Italeri kits into the UK unless prices are immediately reduced by at least 50% ( OK - only joking here!! Never happen!! ;D)
All  of the above to be at least 1/72 and/or (where practical) 1/48!
Phantom FG1/FGR2 (1/32) As long as it's Revell - I cannot afford anyone else's 1/32 kits
All of the Thunderbirds!! (1/72 at least!!) as well as that magnificent Zero-X spaceship from the first Thunderbirds film. That big nuclear powered airliner (Skyflash?) would be awfully nice too!

Did I miss anything? Probably but, as it's just harmless fantasy, there's no harm ;D

Being perfectly cynical, I d suggest that the chances of most of these (particularly the British real life  ones) ever being produced are probably about zero squared !! Largely because they were not used by other air forces - particularly the USA.

Oh, a new flat to house them all!!

Allan

Happy fantasising everybody!! ;D
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

andrewj

Now if Airfix would only produce a 1/48 Javelin to the standard of their Sea vixen, oh! and a Swift, Scimitar and Brigand.

Hobbes

Quote from: albeback on November 03, 2011, 02:53:59 AM

Where to begin????? ;D

A whole bunch of aircraft on your list are already available. Belfast (and probably a lot more): Welsh Models. C-17: Revell, Anigrand. Il-76: Trumpeter.

albeback

Quote from: Hobbes on November 03, 2011, 04:36:46 AM
Quote from: albeback on November 03, 2011, 02:53:59 AM

Where to begin????? ;D

A whole bunch of aircraft on your list are already available. Belfast (and probably a lot more): Welsh Models. C-17: Revell, Anigrand. Il-76: Trumpeter.

You're absolutely right.However, the items you list are all in my list of banned categories ;
1/144 scale ( too small - dont like it)
Vac form ( tried several - don't like them)
1/144 and/or 1/72 expensive & unaffordable resin kits

I appreciate the info but, I am only interested in I M kits 1/72 & larger! :smiley:

Possibly a rather narrow perspective but, I'm too long in the tooth to change now. I was for example delighted to see kits of the DC-7 and, Carvair announced earlier this year. I'm afraid I lost interest completely when I fould out they were 1/144!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

bobbo

Thinking a bit more, I would absolutely LOVE a decent LHS.  Actually, my closest one is @ 45 miles away.  Otherwise, it's mail order or a day trip.  OR A. C. Moore & Michaels. 

Bobbo

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on November 02, 2011, 09:23:44 PM
Where is my list from last year?  Don't think many of them came true.

1/72nd Air:
Vautour (someone please release these, soon, been on the list of coming out for a few years now)
P-38 E-H early versions, new tool

The Vautours are now listed with box art in the modelling mags so expect to see them at Telford or soon after.

RS have done an RAF P-38 (without the superchargers) so they might come out with some more versions
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.