Angel Interceptor theme build ...

Started by TsrJoe, November 03, 2011, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

a place to compile your 'whiff' Angel Interceptor builds  ...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

I wondered how ling this would take.........  ;D

It looks like I'll be able to build an entire squadron of the darn things!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

albeback

;D

I don't really like aeroplanes without undercarriages & the shape of  the thing makes life a bit awkward but I sort of thought about dihedral as oppose to anhedral on the wingtips & trying to slot a proper undercarriage in somewhere ( a la Harrier maybe). Probably need to extend the wings as well. Don't like aeroplanes without loads of lethal whizz  bangs under the wings either!! ;D They look somewhat naked!! ;D

Be helpful if the kit was a bit bigger - i e actually 1/72! Using other bits might look a bit out of proportion!

Could be an awkward b****r this!!

Still, where there's a Whif, there's a way!

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Weaver

There seems to be a debate about whether the Airfix model is 1/87th or 1/100th.

For 1/87th, there's always railway figures and the like.

For 1/100th, it's a bit more difficult, but there are/were various 1/100th kits with ground crew: the Revell Kfir springs to mind.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Supertom

Quote from: TsrJoe on November 03, 2011, 02:17:32 AM
a place to compile your 'whiff' Angel Interceptor builds  ...

Man that's an awesome idea.  Now to get my own...
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

albeback

Quote from: Weaver on November 03, 2011, 04:55:21 AM

For 1/100th, it's a bit more difficult, but there are/were various 1/100th kits with ground crew: the Revell Kfir springs to mind.

Well, the "real" version was supposed to be 60ft long with a 35ft wingspan. Almost as large as a Phantom (63ft long by 38ft ). In 1/72 that would give you a model 26cm long by 15cm wide. The Airfix kit is just over 18cm long which works out at about 1/100 scale. Way too small for my liking really. Maybe I should add a "proper" 1/72 Angel Interceptor to my wish list?

Still, might be fun!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2011, 02:23:20 AM
I wondered how ling this would take.........  ;D

It looks like I'll be able to build an entire squadron of the darn things!

I might take one off you at Telford, Kit.

Just need to agree on the level of depreciation, of course.  Just like new cars!!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: albeback on November 03, 2011, 08:29:58 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 03, 2011, 04:55:21 AM

Well, the "real" version was supposed to be 60ft long with a 35ft wingspan. Almost as large as a Phantom (63ft long by 38ft ). In 1/72 that would give you a model 26cm long by 15cm wide. The Airfix kit is just over 18cm long which works out at about 1/100 scale. Way too small for my liking really. Maybe I should add a "proper" 1/72 Angel Interceptor to my wish list?

Still, might be fun!

I can't be bothered looking up the debate now, but IIRC, it comes down to whether you want to believe:

a) Published "data" in one of the supporting magazines, which I think gives the 1/100th figure

or

b) The scale of the filming model which Airfix based their kit on, which gives you the  1/87th figure

I could be wrong though......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

Guys,

What Ifthe kit is exactly correct for some previously undefined scale?  :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: albeback on November 03, 2011, 03:05:31 AMStill, where there's a Whif, there's a way!

Allan

Ladeez & g'nlemen I give you Allans new member/avatar title  :thumbsup:

In the meantime, and regardless of scale, I'll build a couple; as mentioned in Chris's thread, one will definitely be in a desert scheme, the other... who-can-say... possibly Vatican AF.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on November 03, 2011, 12:27:42 PM
Guys,

What Ifthe kit is exactly correct for some previously undefined scale?  :rolleyes:

Jim

Kind of agree there Jim,  this is where I get hung up on Sci-Fi models.  Saying something is a certain scale on something that's completely out of somebodies mind just for a movie, or tv series is taking it a bit over the top I think. And this was for a bunch of puppets too ---- as far as I can see (and remember) it looks exactly like what appeared in the TV series but what scale is anyones guess.  IMHO, I don't think it's anyway near a Phantom in size though, Jaguar perhaps judging by the puppet size.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

It wouldn't matter a damn what scale it actually is, just like it doesn't for 99% of sci-fi kits, if it wasn't for the fact that it's claimed to be 1/72nd and clearly isn't. On a shelf full of 1/72nd real (ish) aeroplanes it looks tiny.

There is another aspect of the debate as well, which is that some claim the wings are a different scale from the fuselage.

Personally I don't care about any of this and am (hopefully) going to pick three up tomorrow! :party:

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

Quote from: Weaver on November 04, 2011, 05:58:33 AM
On a shelf full of 1/72nd real (ish) aeroplanes it looks tiny.

That's future technology for you  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on November 04, 2011, 05:58:33 AM

There is another aspect of the debate as well, which is that some claim the wings are a different scale from the fuselage.

Uh ??????  :blink:

It's a puppet for goodness sake, or a puppet airplane anyway
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

I'm simply reporting what that most ridiculous of species, the sci-fi JMN, have to say about it. Personally, I couldn't care less as long as it looks good, and if I was doing a stand-alone one, it wouldn't even be a consideration. If it looks a bit titchy with some 1/72nd figures next to it in a diorama, then I'll use 1/87th - simples.... ;D

- Indiana Jones