Wanted: 1/144 C-130 nose or fuselage

Started by rickshaw, November 09, 2011, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

A Model makes a C-130A Hercules with alternative noses.  You can make it with either original "Roman" nose or the later, longer nose radomes.

I'm after the longer nose, which we see now on all C-130 Hercules.  Does anybody have one spare they don't want?

Alternatively, a complete later mark of C-130 fuselage, with the longer nose would be OK?  I'll just do a rhinoplasty and take the nose off.  I need it for a 1/72 aircraft that has a nose remarkably similar in shape to the C-130 radome but only smaller...  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitnut617

Brian, I wouldn't restrict yourself to the A Model kit, in 1/144 scale C-130's are manufactured by Matchbox, Panda Models, Welsh Models and Revell (Matchbox re-box).  Revell even do a 1/140 scale one for some reason.  This is according to the PAK-20 book.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 10, 2011, 06:56:08 AM
Brian, I wouldn't restrict yourself to the A Model kit, in 1/144 scale C-130's are manufactured by Matchbox, Panda Models, Welsh Models and Revell (Matchbox re-box).  Revell even do a 1/140 scale one for some reason.  This is according to the PAK-20 book.

It wasn't my intention to do so.  The A Model C-130A however comes with two separate noses.  If no one has a spare "pinoccho" nose left over from that kit, I am quite willing to accept a fuselage from a different kit with the nose on it.  I don't particularly care what condition the fuselage is in, just as long as the nose can be sawn off.  ;D

BTW, I wasn't aware of a Matchbox Hercules kit...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitnut617

Quote from: rickshaw on November 11, 2011, 12:59:10 AM
BTW, I wasn't aware of a Matchbox Hercules kit...

Kingkit have one, and the Revell re-boxings.  Do a search using the word C-130

http://www.kingkit.co.uk/kingkit/

There's also an Academy/Minicraft kit in 1/144
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike