This lot need to go ASAP

Started by thedarkmaster, November 10, 2011, 05:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Quote from: kitbasher on November 15, 2011, 12:26:20 PM
Yes, excellent option.  Is there mileage in the SIG (and indeed non-SIG forum members) perhaps 'adopting' this establishment as a home for unwanted kits - maybe once a year have a collection of stach rejects, a bit of a successor to Operation Magpie from a couple of years ago?
Brilliant idea - even if we all send then one kit each, that's a couple of hundred items - should keep 'em busy for a while.  Might even be able to talk wholesalers or manufacturers into helping?

chrisonord

It certainly is a good idea, but saying that, I bet they wouldn't want my 109's either  :lol:
chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Martin H

Quote from: deathjester on November 15, 2011, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on November 15, 2011, 12:26:20 PM
Yes, excellent option.  Is there mileage in the SIG (and indeed non-SIG forum members) perhaps 'adopting' this establishment as a home for unwanted kits - maybe once a year have a collection of stach rejects, a bit of a successor to Operation Magpie from a couple of years ago?
Brilliant idea - even if we all send then one kit each, that's a couple of hundred items - should keep 'em busy for a while.  Might even be able to talk wholesalers or manufacturers into helping?

We did the very same for the Combat stress unit at Holybush house a few years ago. It soon mushroomed out of all proportions into operation Magpie with donations coming from all over the globe.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

deathjester

Quote from: chrisonord on November 15, 2011, 01:49:14 PM
It certainly is a good idea, but saying that, I bet they wouldn't want my 109's either  :lol:
chris.
'course they wouldn't  ;D  Besides, You are the '109 master, and your minions will not abandon their leige... :wacko:!

mkhulu

Quote from: deathjester on November 15, 2011, 12:35:20 PM
Brilliant idea - even if we all send then one kit each, that's a couple of hundred items - should keep 'em busy for a while.  Might even be able to talk wholesalers or manufacturers into helping?

Would be more than glad to send one , all the way from South Africa. Address to where I can send something ?
Going nowhere slowly

thedarkmaster

I will contact the people i spoke to from Help for heroes and see where i would be best to send stuff. as soon as i get a reply i will post it
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

mkhulu

Quote from: thedarkmaster on November 16, 2011, 12:28:37 AM
I will contact the people i spoke to from Help for heroes and see where i would be best to send stuff. as soon as i get a reply i will post it

:cheers: - drop me a PM

Going nowhere slowly