1/48th BAC Eagle GR1, 3 squadron, RAF circa 1970.......Updated photo's

Started by General Melchet, November 16, 2011, 05:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

wagnersm

Awesome detail.  Beautiful aircraft.

Great job. 

Steve

General Melchet

Thanks folks, glad you like her,as promised for those of you interested here are some outside shots hopefully capturing the spirit of the real deal and just what might have been had the whole project been dealt with competently. These and the build pics will be feature in an extensive article I'm getting together for Military In Scale and should appear in the near future.

(I still plan to add some more bits and pieces including RBF tags, ladders, ground and aircrew and some ground handling equipment but that's for later :wacko:).

Thanks again for all your comments and hope you like it  :cheers: ,......................right on with the F-111K........................hooray, (in best Lord Flashheart fashion),

Melchie...

XV926 of 3 squadron sits on the Honington QRA pad ready and waiting for her next mission...................What If.........If only !

New PE wheel hub detail courtesy of the great Wolfpack set...I think it adds a huge amount to the look of the landing gear,

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Old Wombat

Bloody Hell! :o

Most of those shots look almost real! The only give-away is the lack of tyre sagging due to the weight of the aircraft.

Fantastic! :wub:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

General Melchet

Thanks wombat glad you like her..the tyres do actually have flattened bottoms and bulges, (but that's enough about the wife! :o), they're the Wolfpack ones but it could probably do with a bit more, after all they were low pressure tyres used,

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Melchie...

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

PR19_Kit

That really DOES look the business, specially the B&W ones, ultra-realistic.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

entlim

You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

rickshaw

Very nice indeed!  Interesting that it had pop-open auxiliary intake doors rather than suck-in ones.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

General Melchet

Thanks again guys, I'll post more piccies when the whole dio is done.
GTX, the Blue Waters are from the Cammett set as are the AR Martels, not cheap but beautifully moulded, though you have to be mighty careful cutting the parts away from the casting blocks!!,

Cheers all, :cheers:

Andy