RL V-Bomber Whifs?!?!?!

Started by MilitaryAircraft101, November 17, 2011, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilitaryAircraft101

Hey guys, found a site, looks pretty good and has a few ideas for never-were V-Bomber concepts, but also some planned modifications to existing ones....
http://www.vectorsite.net/avval.html
Any more V-Bomber concepts/mods post here!  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

The index page for that site covers lots of other aircraft too.

http://www.vectorsite.net/idx_smap.html#m2
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

albeback

;D

Here's one I prepared earlier!!

Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Mossie

Yeah, good site ain't it?  As Kit mentions, covers a lot of aircraft including many projects.

Have you got British Secret Projects Jet Bombers?  It's out of print at the mo & pricey, but it's well worth getting if you're into V-Bomber variants.  Chris Gibson's Vulcan's Hammer expands on this too, focuses more on the proposed weapons to be carried.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

albeback

Quote from: Mossie on November 18, 2011, 07:44:22 AM
Yeah, good site ain't it?  As Kit mentions, covers a lot of aircraft including many projects.

Have you got British Secret Projects Jet Bombers?  It's out of print at the mo & pricey, but it's well worth getting if you're into V-Bomber variants.  Chris Gibson's Vulcan's Hammer expands on this too, focuses more on the proposed weapons to be carried.

Used to have the book!! I think it disappeared during one of my annual clear outs!! :banghead: :banghead:

I have a more radical Vulcan Whif in mind - thought I'd try fairing over the wing root intakes & using the underwing R R Olympus pods from the Airfix 1/72 Concorde. It'll inolve a bit of butchery on the wings but, a preliminary test fit shows its feasible to fit them inboard of & behind the undercarriage. Don't know about practical but, where there's a whif, there's a way!! ;D

ChrisF

Whats that six engined monster in the back of the one photo albeback ? :wacko:

andyreb3

That Six Engined Monster looks like the Old Dog Modified B-52 from the Dale Brown Novels

scooter

Its an Old Dog variant.  Just look at the V-tail. :D

And there's always potential for V Bomber whiffs.  But the Vulcan, like the Skyray, looks sexy just as she is.

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

ChrisF

Any links to more pics of this old dog ? Im a big fan of Dale Brown stuff i gotta admit...

The Rat

Often thought about extending the front fuselage of the Vulcan and putting canards on. One of our local shops has the Cyber-Hobby 1/200th example, might pick it up and have a go.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

albeback

Quote from: ChrisF on November 27, 2011, 04:30:56 AM
Whats that six engined monster in the back of the one photo albeback ? :wacko:

Ah! You mean this? Just something I cobbled together last year!! ;D

ChrisF

I like it !!  ;D  "old dog" nose art i take it ?  :)

RussC

Wonderous. The B-52 is like that leftover in the back of the fridge, gets into more recipes than anything else- good even when served cold.

6 engines? geez thats going to be a fast buff. I remember on the old dogfights series on History channel a proposed B-1 "fighter" version with a V tail. It could carry half the USAF AMRAAM stockpile in one load, pepper a hostile formation over the horizon in an old fashioned broadside.

Been looking at those 1/200 Vulcan kits too, I see there is one with pre-colored and marked parts and a standard kit now.

As one post said, the Vulcan looks good in any form. You would need a serious goal, planning and techniques to make one look bad.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

Didn't the B-52 in the original book, 'The Flight of the Old Dog' IIRC, have 4 engines? CF-6s spring to mind, but that could all have happened later in the series.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 27, 2011, 01:07:26 PM
Didn't the B-52 in the original book, 'The Flight of the Old Dog' IIRC, have 4 engines? CF-6s spring to mind, but that could all have happened later in the series.

The original B-52I "Old Dog" IIRC still had 8 TF-33s in Flight of the Old DogFatal Terrain had the 4 CF-6s
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng