Wanted : Frog Grumman Wildcat decals

Started by Bungle, November 18, 2011, 04:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

As it says on the tin.... anyone have a spare set of the decal sheet from the Frog kit. I'm after the FAA decals to go on my Hawker Hunter (yes I know it sounds crazy but hey this is What-If).

Can exchange if you need any other decals that I have (let me know your wants) or willing to pay whatever you think the going rate maybe.

I'm in the UK.

Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

I've probably got one, from the bubble pack series, but I won't be home till tomorrow. I'll have a look see in The Loft then.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Does it have to be from that kit Bungle ? I probably have FAA Wildcat transfers in the stash
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Would prefer the Frog ones if possible but can I hold you in reserve in case.

Thanks

Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 18, 2011, 09:15:11 AM
I've probably got one, from the bubble pack series, but I won't be home till tomorrow. I'll have a look see in The Loft then.

Well if you need a hand doing a Loft clearance I'm sure I could make myself available - wouldn't cost you too much for me to dispose of the contents for you ....  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, I bet!  ;D

Sadly my almost 69 years have caught up with my memory as the 'Wildcat' turned out to be a Hellcat with SEAC markings. Terribly sorry to have given you some false hopes Bungle.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

I PROBABLY have a spare set of those decals, and would be plenty willing to part with them. Along time ago I bought out several bagged sets of "FROG" decal sheets only. Unless it says "Wildcat" on the decal itself I won't be able to recognize it. Tell me what all it had on it and I just might find it (a photo would be ideal if you can post it here). That is, are there distinctive numbers, letters, etc that it has that you could relate to me?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

NARSES2

Quote from: Bungle on November 20, 2011, 03:10:46 AM

Would prefer the Frog ones if possible but can I hold you in reserve in case.

Thanks

Bungle

Count me as ready to step in to the breach  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Quote from: sequoiaranger on November 21, 2011, 05:53:56 AM
I PROBABLY have a spare set of those decals, and would be plenty willing to part with them. Along time ago I bought out several bagged sets of "FROG" decal sheets only. Unless it says "Wildcat" on the decal itself I won't be able to recognize it. Tell me what all it had on it and I just might find it (a photo would be ideal if you can post it here). That is, are there distinctive numbers, letters, etc that it has that you could relate to me?

Sequoiaranger - many thanks, I would be very interested if you have some. They would probably have the Frog code F242 on them rather than 'Wildcat'. Here's a poor picture off the 'net the roundels have the code B * N  in light grey (if my memory serves me right.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/Sumones_bungled/Time%20Warp%20build/Wildcat-Dec1.jpg[/img]]

If you come across a set for the Frog Fairey Barracuda (ref F161) I know someone on this forum who is looking for them.

Bungle

sequoiaranger

Sorry Bungle. I sorted through my stash and I guess my "complete" set ain't so complete after all. There are about 70 decals in the pack, but neither the Wildcat nor Barracuda sheet seems to be included.

I should think you could acquire the same markings using components from other decal sets. If you need the generic late-war roundels and fin flashes, "Royal Navy + serial", numbers, etc., for a Wildcat-sized aircraft, I could supply those. (I presume you are NOT using the "Torch" American markings--the yellow ring was a common feature of aircraft on that mission, but the extra-thick rings seemed to be specific to particular Wildcats).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Bungle

Thanks for all your help but I am close to completing the little gem so it's going to be put together out of the spares box.