Main Menu

wanted avro york

Started by lenny100, November 22, 2011, 03:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

does anybody know of a avro york in 1/72 scale
seen the czechmaster one but its out of my price range
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Martin H

there is an old Vac form conversion, I think its from sutcliffe/Contrail. They turn up 2nd hand from time to time.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Also FYI ---

Czechmasters did two versions of their kit, one was a full blown kit, the other was/is just a fuselage and detail bits & bobs where you need an Airfix kit for all the wings and stuff (I've got two of them, one for a C.1 and the other for a C.2 [Hercules powered])
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lenny100

thanks looking around for one now, had a idea to do one using a manchaeter wing after being inspired by the Mancunian at telford althoug i dont know what it would be called, maybee the chester or the telford
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

AIM did a vacform one too, in rather 'stout' plastic and it's the complete aircraft, even includes seats, white metal props and undercarriage! It's not in their current listings though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

That'll be a repop of the second Contrail York, the first was just a rather basic and crude fuselage conversion.  The second one was a complete kit, including decals and injection parts for the u/c.  Quite nice and I've one in long term stash.

There's also the Final Touch/Kitbits York fuselage conversion - if you're brave enough to attempt it and lucky/unlucky enough (delete as applicable) to find one.  The fuselage is SOLID resin with a separate nose to enable the unlucky builder of this abortion to detail the cockpit. Utter garbage.

I had plans to do mine as either an AEW trainer or an ELINT bird and it would have been in flight (the weight precludes an u/c - the instructions suggest toothpicks, for Cliff's sake!) with Merlin 85s as engines.  Another in long term suspension.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 25, 2011, 04:55:01 AM

I had plans to do mine as either an AEW trainer

I was thinking along these lines too Lee, I thought it would make a better AWAC than the Wellington they did use during the war.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike