NOT about Whiffs at all

Started by PR19_Kit, November 24, 2011, 07:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Does anyone know a web site or other source where I could get a good idea what to charge for some vintage kits I'll be selling this Sunday at Hamex 3?

Ebay is useless as the some of the sellers are just stupid. Who in their right mind is going to pay £35 for a Frog Sea Venom, for goodness sake?

One of mine is a 1/96 Frog DC-7C in pristine condition, the parts are still wrapped in their original tissue, and I was thinking about putting £30 in it, but is that too much or not high enough?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Collectakit or Kingkit - might be worth trying their websites?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Bit late now, but the trick with ebay is to put the ones you're interested in on "watch", then see if they actually sell and if so, what for. That sorts out the fantasists from the knowledgable traders.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Probably only worth 50p so as a favour I'll give you 75p and we'll call it quits.

I'll take the rest of your stash for a fiver if you insist.

:thumbsup: Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

martinbayer

Kit,

for what it's worth (no pun intended ;D), two actually did sell on Ebay last month, one for £201.25 after 10 bids, and the other for £411.09 after 24 bids:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frog-Douglas-DC-7C-BOAC-1-96-Very-Good-Condition-/300611095292
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frog-DC-7C-SAS-361-P-Rare-1-96-Superb-Condition-/300612403654

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

STREWTH!  :o :o

They were both from the same guy and he got over £600 for the pair! I think I'd be mobbed selling it at £30 or so, and I've got two of them as well, one with Aeroclub props. Perhaps I'll sell the DC-7 on Ebay in that case.

I've also got a Contrail M-4 Bison that's going too, one of those on Ebay is above £100 now and it's not sold yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Never seen pics of the Frog DC-7 before, thanks Martin! Wonder what happened to the mould? Don't remember Novo rereleasing it.
Should get a nice wedge on ebay Kit, which colour scheme are yours BTW?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

philp

Quote from: Weaver on November 24, 2011, 07:55:43 AM
Bit late now, but the trick with ebay is to put the ones you're interested in on "watch", then see if they actually sell and if so, what for. That sorts out the fantasists from the knowledgable traders.

Another trick is to check the Completed Listings box on the left side and you can see what sold (and for what) and what didn't sell.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

The box art on my two are both BOAC, but I only have one decal sheet between the pair of them. I have de-listed both of them from the stuff I'm taking to Hamex tomorrow, but the Contrail M-4 Bison and the Rareplanes Vulcan are still in, amongst others of course.  ;D

Not that I can see much chance of selling the Vulcan, but you never know.

Regards
Kit