Junkers Ju 88G-1 FINISHED (caution RW)

Started by matrixone, November 27, 2011, 09:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here it is, the 1/72 scale Hasegawa Ju 88G-1 I recently finished.
This model was built O.O.B. and I even used the kits decals which is something I rarely do, the decals in this kit worked very well and were almost as good as aftermarket decals except for taking a long time remove from the backing sheet after dunking in warm water.
I used Model Master enamel paints to paint this model, the base coat of RLM 76 was lightened with a lot of white to represent the white-blue seen on most Ju 88 nightfighters near the end of the war.

On to the pics...

The end ;)

Matrixone

Gondor

Yet another wonderful example of what a finished kit should look like.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great work again Matrixone.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

RussC

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Glenn Gilbertson

matrixone

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Just started a new what-if...also a nightfighter.

Matrixone

Allan

lovely modelling, Matrix, yet another triumph
super fine construction, flawless painting and convincing weathering
blue white on a nightfighter? what was behind the Luftwaffe's thinking on that score--to make the plane look like a cloud???
love it to bits
Allan iln Canberra
just noticed that the canopy framework isn't blue white--any reason for this?

Cobra

Awesome Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: this is Top Notch Model Building if Ever i saw it! Your Photos portray a 'Newsreel' feeling like the photos or Images from Newsreel footage of such aircraft! Keep up the Great Work :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you Allan, Dan, and NARSES2!

Allan,
Not sure why the RLM 76 color late in the war was so pale, its most likely the Germans were starting to run out of certain ingredients for their paints. But for whatever reason there are many photographs in B/W and some in color that show Ju 88 nightfighters in a very bright and pale looking version of RLM 76. The pale RLM 76 was seen on factory fresh Ju 88G-6s captured at the end of the war as well as those that had been used in combat for a while so its not very likely the paint was simply faded and weathered.
Almost all Ju 88 nightfighters were produced with canopy frames painted in RLM 75, very few had the canopy painted in the RLM 76 color, why they did this I am not sure but it might have had something to do with the painting practices used by Junkers which used solid RLM 75 uppersurfaces and the sides and undersurfaces were in the usual RLM 76 and the mottles of RLM 75 were formed by spraying RLM 76 over the RLM 75 leaving a few patches unpainted. He 219s and even some BF 110G-4s were painted this way.

Matrixone

dumaniac

Matrix

damed fine job - vveeeeeery nice indeed - well done

ho hum - back to my poor offerings

Bernie

matrixone

Thank you Bernie!

One of my what-ifs that I am building is a nightfighter and will have a much more interesting paint scheme than this Ju 88G-1 has....airbrush work aplenty! :wacko:

Matrixone

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Pablo1965

However, a impresive work, It is a very nice plane showing an amazing scheme. This Ju88 is really a beauty.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

lancer

Stunning and Beautiful Matrix...Easily up there with your best. But then I'm a huge Ju88 fan anyway...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die