And so...my plans for 2012 (with a bit of 2011)

Started by Radish, November 28, 2011, 02:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 10, 2011, 02:48:27 AM
Rigging in 1/72 is a pita, but the Roden kits are very nice. You could cheat with one of their Fokker DVII's, hardly any rigging at all, just some bracing around the undercarriage and control wires. If slightly more adventurous go for one of the Camels or maybe the Nuieports

Thanks for your suggestion. My challenge for 2012 then,  is to produce a 1/72 Sopwith Camel, properly rigged, in the most unlikely colour scheme possible.    Let battle commence!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on December 10, 2011, 02:55:39 AM
If you're mad, go for the Bristol Fighter. :wacko:

In the  event of me having a go at this, expect to see posted a photo of a baffled and bewildered individual totally enmeshed in rigging thread and glue!  Lets start with an easier one first!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Rheged,

I have JUST the thing for you!  ;D

The Maquette kit of the 'Ilya Muromets' Russian bomber. a mere 10" span and 10 bays worth of rigging, but at least you'll have learned SO much about it by the end you'll be an expert.

To you £5.00 plus postage, a snip at the price........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

My plan for 2012 is to get some pictures up on this site.
Buildwise:
To finish off 1/144 Airfix & Revell Lockheed Sea Shadow II. Sea Shadow with hovercraft base and jet engines. Flight deck on roof, camshell doors at the front Airfix doors at the rear.
1/72 Airfix F-27 Maritime Patrol Aircraft with Altantic radar in fuselage, harpoon missiles on pylons under wings. 7-bladed props. Nimrod M.A.D. boom.
1/72 Airfix Sea Hurricane- Bi plane layout. Similar to the one in the Airfix 2012 calender.
1/72 Airfix BAe Nimrod- Sea Nimrod AEW for USN. Fuselarge shortened, spin top attached to vertical tail fin.
1/24 Matchbox AMT American Capri. Resorting to European MKIII with rag top roof.
1/72 Revell Dassault Atlantic MKI. AEW, with P-3 wings.
1/72 Revell CH-64. Day glow orange paint scheme.
1/72 Airfix Buccaneer. Fleet interceptor. Sidewinder and sparrow missiles.
1/72 Lockheed Neptune MR2
1/72 Mig-25 tandem seater

Planned builds for 2012 all in 1/72 scale
Nimrod with Atlantic wings and podded jets. Lockheed P-7A,Lockheed P-3 with extended nose for jet crew training.
Jolly Green giant in RAF colours-Pelican and Stallion. AEW Pave Low III helicopter. F-117 with swing wings, RA-5C air defence fighter.
McColm Castle home to the 'Special Projects Research & Development Unit'.
1/25-1/24 scale 'Honest Johns Car lot'.
I've also gota box of odds and sods (spare parts)
and the 1/72 Victor
Airfix F-117 with swing wings
BF-109A, Ta-88 (German Mossie)
PS-1
C-130
EB-1R (B-1B with C-135 wings)
Tu-22M3
Plus anything else in the 'Ideas Bank'.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

luft46models

To finish more than one kit for the whole year, lots of modelling fun, just nothing finished apart from a da Vinci tank in January.

William in oz

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2011, 08:09:49 AM
Rheged,

The Maquette kit of the 'Ilya Muromets' Russian bomber. a mere 10" span and 10 bays worth of rigging, but at least you'll have learned SO much about it by the end you'll be an expert.

Ooh, you Evil Santa!!!

My plan is to fiinish off what's not finished from this year, finally finish the Fujimi Phantom FG1 that's been on the go for around 10 years (honest) and build some Spitfires (wozers), Hunters (wozzers and whifs) and maybe one or two others (wozzers and whifs).  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

RussC

Quote from: kitbasher on December 11, 2011, 01:03:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2011, 08:09:49 AM
Rheged,

Ooh, you Evil Santa!!!

My plan is to fiinish off what's not finished from this year, finally finish the Fujimi Phantom FG1 that's been on the go for around 10 years (honest) and build some Spitfires (wozers), Hunters (wozzers and whifs) and maybe one or two others (wozzers and whifs).  ;D ;D

Enlightenment sought about linguistics--wozer's ? Someone called me that once in High School, I think...  :lol:

Be the first to build a turbojet powered Ilya Muarometz! NATO code name 'Bigshot'.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

NARSES2

Quote from: RussC on December 11, 2011, 01:08:51 AM

Ooh, you Evil Santa!!!

Enlightenment sought about linguistics--wozer's ? Someone called me that once in High School, I think...  :lol:

Be the first to build a turbojet powered Ilya Muarometz! NATO code name 'Bigshot'.
[/quote]

I think in this sense it simply means a real world build ? If you call someone a "wozzer" it's similar to calling some one a silly so and so in a friendly way  ;D Well was in my day anyway
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

"Wozzer" doesn't sound very Latin or Greek to me.....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Joe C-P

To be able to spend time in my hobby room without my wife demanding I come watch it idiot box. Then I can actually get some models built. And then I can stop being so grumpy.  :banghead:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

rickshaw

Strangely I find myself increasingly drawn towards modelling military vehicles.  I think 2012 will be the year of the tank for myself.  :blink:  :tank:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Geoff

It seems to include a lot of jags........ we'll see.

Spey_Phantom

ok, here's my plans for 2012:

-1/72 Khemedi Spitfire & Mosquito
-1/72 Bordurian Sd.Kfz.234/2
-1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 (Royal Australian Navy, Aussierama GB)
-finishing My 1/144 aircraft carrier (HMS Courageous)
-P-51A Mustang (Luftwaffe, Iron Eagle III)
-various Luft46 aircraft
-1/72 Airbus A400M (Belgian AF)
-various 1/144 whiffs

the rest is some realworld models in various scales
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

I'm seriously considering a trio of Blackburn Sharks - or should that be a school?  One for HMS Oceanic, another in real markings (the camouflaged one, although I rather like the idea of one in camo with bombs as a panic aircraft, hurriedly pressed into service to attack the invasion beaches in 1940) and, if I can find out enough information on the type, another operating from HMS Glorious in 1936/37 in the Med, for the attack on Tarranto that was planned but never happened.

It's just a pity that no one does a kit of the Sopwith Cuckoo...

Model Alliance have released a couple of pre-war FAA sheets, one includes an option for a Swordfish operating from Glorious.  Much as I detest buying from them, I may just have to get it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic