And so...my plans for 2012 (with a bit of 2011)

Started by Radish, November 28, 2011, 02:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Chaps,

Had a look at my "ongoing builds" and various "must make that", as well as "have to do that!!"....and just looking WITHIN REACH on my shelves and carefully arranged boxes.....I have around 30  or so TO MAKE this coming 12 months.

These include various items for "Iron Sky",Meerkats, Cybermen, Daleks, aircraft, Biggles-related, some IPMS Stafford stuff, etc., etc....

Most will appear at shows here and there, and also on my Facebook page (plus FB for IPMS Stafford, Biggles, IPMS, etc...). If I get round to it, I'll try sorting stuff out for the Gallery.

So....might as well reduce the stash..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

So....apart from occasional favourites...I shall keep NO MORE than 2 examples of aparticular kit.
Mmmmm.
That'll shift about 15,000  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The Wooksta!

My plan is to continue with The Plan, which shows no sign of getting smaller.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

albeback

;D
My plan is not to make any plans!!!
However, my INTENTIONS are ( and you know what they say about good intentions!) ;

R R Trent engined C-5A Galaxy (already started). I can hear kit collectors the world over screaming in anguish as I (horror of horrors!) actually BUILD the old Otaki C-5A
Avro Vulcan B4
B-49 - This will have extended wingtips (angled down), twin fins and, 6 over wing mounted TF-33 turbofans ( ex-B52). Inspired by the Revell Arado AR E555
and, talking of which, the Revell Arado AR E555 produced as the first operational jet bombers for the USAF/RAF
Westland /Douglas A2 Firedrake - licence built Wyvern replacing the AD-1 Skyraider
B-70 Valkyrie with GTD-21 drone
Boeing/BAC Triton maritime patrol aircraft - based on (if I can find one!!) the Airfix/Heller Boeing E3 ( I'll need the longer fuselage!)

Allan

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

The Rat

Quote from: albeback on November 28, 2011, 05:08:04 AM
;D

Sounds like a plan!  ;D

R R Trent engined C-5A Galaxy (already started). I can hear kit collectors the world over screaming in anguish as I (horror of horrors!) actually BUILD the old Otaki C-5A

We, however, will be cheering louder than their screams.

I plan on finally getting my naval Supermarine Swift done, it's past time I got my finger out.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Radish

I feel strangely liberated and will dance naked  :cheers: :drink: :party: :blink: :blink: :cheers: :drink:

Leading Observer

:o There's a PLAN??? No ome said there was a plan!  :banghead:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

RussC

;D
However, my INTENTIONS are ( and you know what they say about good intentions!) ;

Avro Vulcan B4
B-49 - This will have extended wingtips (angled down), twin fins and, 6 over wing mounted TF-33 turbofans ( ex-B52). Inspired by the Revell Arado AR E555
and, talking of which, the Revell Arado AR E555 produced as the first operational jet bombers for the USAF/RAF

Westland /Douglas A2 Firedrake - licence built Wyvern replacing the AD-1 Skyraider
B-70 Valkyrie with GTD-21 drone
Boeing/BAC Triton maritime patrol aircraft - based on (if I can find one!!) the Airfix/Heller Boeing E3 ( I'll need the longer fuselage!)

Allan

Allan

Yay!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

ChrisF

MilitaryAircraft101

Litvyak

Quote from: Radish on November 28, 2011, 12:37:15 PM
I feel strangely liberated and will dance naked  :cheers: :drink: :party: :blink: :blink: :cheers: :drink:

...but I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing!

As for me... plans?

Most are probably uninteresting here, as they're just to continue on the Master Plan - one of every RW type operated by the RCAF/RCN/CAF since 1946 - though one of those *is* a whiffy, though I'd say probably the most common of Canadian whiffs: a CF-105 in operational markings.

I do have a small number of "proper" whiffy plans, though:

1. Finish the in-progress Sukhoi CA-234 "Rattler";

2. Once the package arrives, begin work on the Sukhoi CF-250 (still looking for a name... hoping to find something from First Nations lore, say Salish or Cree or Haida or Iroquois <now THIS gives me an idea!> that has to do with sneakiness)

3. Find something to do with the second Zvezda T-50 kit: at the moment leaning towards RAAF.

4. Decide whether to use my Starfix T-38 as a RW build (that'd make two CF-116s, though), or to whiffy it...
C-A-NZ-UK!

rickshaw

Helmeth von Moltke, Chief of the Imperial German staff made his personal motto, "No campaign plan survives first contact with the enemy".  It was actually Carl von Clausewitz in his seminal work, "On War", though who first coined it.   Mine enemy is the plastic/resin/etc that my models are made of and my plans for 2011 have failed to survive the encounter!  I don't expect those for 2012 will fair any better! ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Rat

Quote from: Litvyak on November 29, 2011, 12:20:35 AM4. Decide whether to use my Starfix T-38 as a RW build...

Not possible. If it's Starfix then it's what we call a 'whif out of the box'.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

albeback

Quote from: The Rat on November 28, 2011, 05:56:12 AM
;D

Sounds like a plan!  ;D

We, however, will be cheering louder than their screams.

;D ;D
Baiting collectors is not as much fun as baiting JMNs though!! :wacko:
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!