And so...my plans for 2012 (with a bit of 2011)

Started by Radish, November 28, 2011, 02:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Meanwhile, after contact with "the enemy"...the part-built stash....further additions to the plan keep happening...like the TSR.2-ski still untouched for a year, yet only a week away from completion.
Then there's the 1/72nd Bleriot IX and P-26 already built and awaiting paint and rigging.

The PLAN progresses........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

My plan to build Spitfires for the near future may be wavering, having just found the Sea Fury torpedo fighter which is close to finishing.  May just have to do that to get it out of the way.  And then there's the two Beaufighters in a similar state, not to mention the Sabre Fury.  That just needs a canopy and the tailwheel doors.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 29, 2011, 09:17:37 AM
My plan to build Spitfires for the near future may be wavering, having just found the Sea Fury torpedo fighter which is close to finishing.  May just have to do that to get it out of the way.  And then there's the two Beaufighters in a similar state, not to mention the Sabre Fury.  That just needs a canopy and the tailwheel doors.

What about all those Hornets?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

My plan for 2012 is to build more kits than I did in 2011, aside from that I'm currently planning the plan of the plan*.
Although my studies/course will be taking priority as is my brothers web site build I'm doing.

* Details'll be released as they get thought up.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

The Hornets will be the subject of a future variation on The Plan.  Plus I need to get some decals printed before I can start - there's only so many variations you can do with ex Frog and MPM decals!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Spey_Phantom

my plans for 2012:

-all the builds i didnt make in 2011, including RW builds
-Arado E.555 added to Luft46 models to build
-Belgian Air Force Airbus A400M
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Steel Penguin

As i succeeded in my plan for this year ( checks what he wrote, had fun tick, built kits tick) i intend to continue with it into a glorious new year, inherent laziness has nothing what soever to do with it,no nooo no sirree
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

RussC

My plans for 2012 are to have no plans for 2012.  :rolleyes: :lol:

Happy new year  :cheers: :drink: :party:

YOTD - Jan 23 2012 - Feb 9 2013, but if you use the Mayan Calender, we're all dead before the year of the dragon ends and the year of the snake begins. ;D
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Spey_Phantom

well, i can already reveal 2 projects that will be built in 2012.

first up is going to be a 1/72 P-51A Mustang, made up as a Messerschmitt 109 from the movie "Aces: Iron Eagle III"
this as part of the "Hollywood Boulevard GB" on the Belgian Modelling forum  :mellow:
it will be a kitbash of the Italeri P-51A and Revell P-51B (as the cockpit fit in the Italeri kit is Horribly oversized)

second one on the list is a new replacement for the old Bell/Archangel Airwolf.
it will be converted from a revell 1/72 SA365, pimped out with internal rocket launchers, miniguns,....

i preent to you (a WIP) concept art for the Lockheed/Eurocopter Airwolf Mk.3,
my attempt to bring an Airwolf replacement in the 21st century  ;D
(lots of inside detail wrk is still under development, including weapons fit, body modifications, new all-digital glass cockpit, FLIR pods,...)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Rheged

My plans for 2012 include getting to the end of it  and seeing 2013 arrive,  finally doing something with  an old Airfix Buccaneer that's been in the stash since about late bronze age, and tackling a biplane just to see if I can do the rigging (but which one-----suggestions please).        Other plans include continuing to read the  pearls of erudition  on this site  and marvelling at the expertise of  my fellow contributors.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 10, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
, and tackling a biplane just to see if I can do the rigging (but which one-----suggestions please).       

What scale for the bi-plane ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 10, 2011, 02:39:12 AM
Quote from: Rheged on December 10, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
, and tackling a biplane just to see if I can do the rigging (but which one-----suggestions please).       

What scale for the bi-plane ?

Probably 1/72 unless you can convince me otherwise.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Rigging in 1/72 is a pita, but the Roden kits are very nice. You could cheat with one of their Fokker DVII's, hardly any rigging at all, just some bracing around the undercarriage and control wires. If slightly more adventurous go for one of the Camels or maybe the Nuieports
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen