And so...my plans for 2012 (with a bit of 2011)

Started by Radish, November 28, 2011, 02:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilitaryAircraft101

just give it a rotor! You should be good after that  :wacko: ;)

PR19_Kit

That looks great Gondor!  :thumbsup:

As you must have used another Lanc for the wing extensions, why not splice some bits of its fuselage in just ahead and behind the wings?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

I never really make plans as I'm far to influenced by inspiration (especially from you lot). Since my model making is supposed to be my de-stressing past-time from trying to run a business and now careing for my ageing dementia affected parents, I find I model what I want when I can. I make an effort to do at least one hour everynight (normally after midnight) though sometimes I get a bit carried away and do longer - not good when you get up at 5.30am !

I never have more than 4 kits on the go at anytime and I always finish that batch of kits before I start a new. I don't go for 100% accuracy, I don't try to match the exact shade of green and if my old creaky bones decide that my fat fingers can't fit a fiddly part - well it don't get done !

So plans for 2012 ? I'm afraid the best I can do is say my plans for January and February 2012 are a mash-up of a Mitsubishi Zero and an Me P.1099 and vice versa. The Zero gets the 1099 wings and jet engines, the 1099 gets the zero wings and a contra prop from the spares box.

Along with this I'm going to try and convert an Avro Anson from the Airfix kit to something like the Anson 19 (commercial airliner) or T21 (trainer) (one of these http://www.military-aircraft.org.uk/trainers/avro-anson-trainer-plane.htm, pictures are copyrighted so I've linked the whole page). Now this won't be real world as I don't do RW, this will be a Bungled version. It may look like one from a distance but will not pass any JMN inspection. Not sure I can call it a What-if either - what do you think ?

Anyway that's all I'm planning so far - but with the inspiration from some of the builds I see on here who knows what I'll be doing for the rest of 2012 !

Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

IIRC Aeroclub used to do a vacform conversion fuselage for an Avro 19, the same as the RAF Anson trainer versions, to fit the Airfix wings and engines etc. I'm not sure if it's still available via John's 'direct line' on Britmodeller though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: Bungle on January 11, 2012, 02:13:56 AM

I never have more than 4 kits on the go at anytime
I never have less than 4 kits on the go at anytime  :blink:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on January 11, 2012, 02:24:42 AM
Quote from: Bungle on January 11, 2012, 02:13:56 AM
I never have more than 4 kits on the go at anytime
I never have less than 4 kits on the go at anytime  :blink:

Strewth, I'm not 100% sure but I think I have over FORTY on the go just now!  :o

Mind you, some of them haven't seen the light of my model bench for over 10 years............

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 11, 2012, 02:22:05 AM
IIRC Aeroclub used to do a vacform conversion fuselage for an Avro 19, the same as the RAF Anson trainer versions, to fit the Airfix wings and engines etc. I'm not sure if it's still available via John's 'direct line' on Britmodeller though.

Ah but that takes the fun away doesn't it?  - plus it will probably cost a packet!!

I think the engine cowlings will need to change as well not the bobbly ones as in the kit (now that's technical isn't it?)
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

The Wooksta!

I've an old Airmodel fuselage somewhere which I know I'll never use.  I'll see if I can find it.  Sure it's a late fuselage
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 10, 2012, 04:04:07 PM
That looks great Gondor!  :thumbsup:

As you must have used another Lanc for the wing extensions, why not splice some bits of its fuselage in just ahead and behind the wings?

Already have Kit. Normal Lancaster length is roughly 11 1/2 inches long where as the Mk XL is 13 1/2 inches long roughly. I ran out of fusalages so could not make it longer. Its scary sticking that lot together as it is!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Bungle

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 11, 2012, 03:15:21 AM
I've an old Airmodel fuselage somewhere which I know I'll never use.  I'll see if I can find it.  Sure it's a late fuselage

Sorry Wooksta is that an Anson fuselage you are on about ?  If so extend arm so that it can be suitably bitten off. What with the promise of a ki-100 I'm going to be in your debt. Still got the Shark for you by the way.

albeback

Quote from: Gondor on January 10, 2012, 03:36:23 PM
Quote from: albeback on January 10, 2012, 08:30:34 AM
I was looking at my Revell Lancasters & had a vision of a lengthened, super long ranged 6 engined Lancaster Mk WH1F . Not sure if the normal u/c would support such a large beast so, I sort of considered using the 2 inboard engines from each kit to give 4 large single mainwheels. As I recall, this layout was actually intended for the Vickers Windsor? :-\

Would the Six Engined vertion be anything like my Lancaster Mk XL that I am building and want to finish in a few months time?

Views of a test fit to see what it will roughly look like. Not sure about its length as the wings are far longer in telationship to the body than I expected  :banghead:

Bit late now to change it though  :angry:

Gondor

:o :o
Blimey!!
Great minds think alike!! ;D I hadn't seen your model before I made my posting! It will be broadly similar though. Bevause of the increase in length/side area, I'll also be fitting larger tail fins. I want to arm it with Browning .50 calibre guns but, I'm not sure where to source the gun turrets.
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Gondor

Quote from: albeback on January 11, 2012, 11:49:53 PM
:o :o
Blimey!!
Great minds think alike!! ;D I hadn't seen your model before I made my posting! It will be broadly similar though. Bevause of the increase in length/side area, I'll also be fitting larger tail fins. I want to arm it with Browning .50 calibre guns but, I'm not sure where to source the gun turrets.

0.50 calibre gun turrets can be obtained fairly easily if you like vac form canopies. It partly depends on what you want to use. I have decided to stick with turret types that were used on the Lancaster so most of an FN 82 rear turret was sorced from a Hasegawa Lancaster kit which is being cross kitted with a Revell FN 20 while the mid upper turret is a Martin 259 CE with I am building from a mix of parts with the glazeing from an Italeri B-24 and the interior parts from an Academy SB-17.

But then again albeback this is whif and your model you can arm it with whatever you want.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Paulie

uhm... my plans for 2012? basicaly, everything will do, but im planning doing SU-47 Berkut "the right-wrong way" :D

and then maybe some 747 or 737 to USAF/RAF bomber conversion, ekranoplan conversion comes to mind too or take two Ruslans /An-124/ and make one Mriya /An-225/ with russian shuttle Buran :)

also i´ll be glad to try something in 1/32 or 1/24 scale.

hope to see some inspiration around here :)

Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

jcf

Quote from: Paulie on January 12, 2012, 02:10:23 PM
uhm... my plans for 2012? basicaly, everything will do, but im planning doing SU-47 Berkut "the right-wrong way" :D

When ya turn the wings around like that, it almost looks like it should be a VG design.
:thumbsup:

RussC

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 12, 2012, 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: Paulie on January 12, 2012, 02:10:23 PM

When ya turn the wings around like that, it almost looks like it should be a VG design.
:thumbsup:

Same occurred to me!
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski