Regia Aeronautica Shinden

Started by Scooterman, November 28, 2011, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Hasegawa 1/48.  Decals from intrawebs, smoke rings are Mike Grant decals.  I am NOT that good to do it with paint.  So decals for me, and I will live with the silvering, ta very much!  ;D
Hope you like!

RussC

Superbo , Bravissimo !  That is a great combination.  :thumbsup:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

dragon

Some of the Japanese designs look very good as Italian aircraft.
In my local IPMS club, a modeler created something similar out of a Japanese plane....
Of course it was a Japanese design designated as "Tony" during WWII- that was his punchline.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

dumaniac

MilitaryAircraft101

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Hotte

NARSES2

Fantastic job Scooter  :thumbsup: Mike's Smoke Rings are very nice arn't they ?

As said above some Japanese aircraft do seem to fit Italian schemes superbly
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RotorheadTX

Drat! I was thinking of one of those.... :banghead:
Looks great, really attractive!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Doc Yo

Very nicely done! The Italians did have a canard pusher in development ( actually a bit earlier than the Shinden, I think ) but it wasn't
approved for production, for some reason.

TallEng

Very Nice!  :thumbsup:
The smoke rings suit it to 'T'
(jolly useful invention they are too!)
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

lancer

That beauty leaps of outta the screen demanding to be worshipped!! It's gorgeous Brad.... :bow: :bow: :bow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looking at this, I'm more certain than ever that we really are brothers !! - Bl**dy wonderful, Brad. Sets the bar even highe for mine  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

Thanks for all the nice comments, chaps.  Really appreciate it.

Two secrets to tell.

1)-anybody notice that I got the main landing gear struts backwards?   :banghead: Sure, the forward rake is right but in making sure that they stayed that way, I CA-ed the poo out of them, so breaking the joint and swapping them right way 'round wasn't going to happen.

2)-raised panel lines are your friend.  After painting the model and using a curved blade, I scraped the paint off the raised lines to expose the dark green plastic underneath.  VIOLA!  Instant 'weathered' panel lines.