RAF training colours

Started by phattrev, November 29, 2011, 01:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattrev

The RAF has gone through many colour schemes for their training aircraft over the ,many years of service.

All yellow, Yellow and Camo, Silver with Yellow stripes, Day Glo and silver, red and white, and the current All black schemes of our Toucanos and Hawks.

Time for a change.
what would you like to see on our Trainee pilots aircraft? I go for All Yellow and a white trim?  :tornado:

beowulf

red and white...........grew up watching chippies and bulldogs flying over from the local airfield which was used by UAS
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

PR19_Kit

Why not black stripes where the yellow went on the old style yellow/silver finish? That would be a neat time-warp scheme, half old and half new.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

MilitaryAircraft101

Well with our Raafies in some pretty neat grey schemes (A neat grey scheme! I know, amazing!) But if we were to warp it up, maybe some WW1 AFC Training with the 'Roo fuselage band, or a WW2 Wirraway scheme.  :thumbsup:

RotorheadTX

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:08:55 PM
Why not black stripes where the yellow went on the old style yellow/silver finish? That would be a neat time-warp scheme, half old and half new.

Oooh! I like that idea - I've got a Tucano to try it on, too.....

Thanks!!!!  Solved a colour conundrum for me!

Scooterman

Quote from: RotorheadTX on November 30, 2011, 05:44:27 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2011, 05:08:55 PM

Oooh! I like that idea - I've got a Tucano to try it on, too.....

Thanks!!!!  Solved a colour conundrum for me!

Would look good on a Hawk too!  :thumbsup:

lancer

How about all white with a big red L on the upper and lower wing surfaces???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on November 30, 2011, 06:45:43 AM
How about all white with a big red L on the upper and lower wing surfaces???

;D ;D :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Do they have "P" plates in the UK?  Do OCU units still exist?  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

I like the current black scheme, it does the job it's supposed to.  I think it looks best with high contrasting stripes like those used on some Tucanos.

The Tucano display birds have had some retro schemes recently, the WWII 90th anniversary bird & the 2011 silver scheme.  Put yellow undersides on the former, dayglo stripes on the latter & you're onto a winner!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Polka dots of contrasting colours, similar to the lead-ships of the USAF flying formations of B-24s.

The Wooksta!

50's style silver with yellow T bands.  End of.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on November 30, 2011, 07:50:22 PM
Do they have "P" plates in the UK?  Do OCU units still exist?  ;D

OCUs tend to have Reserve Squadron IDs these days, if only to maintain that Squadron's identity. The Tornado 'OCU', based at Lossimouth, is XV (R) Squadron as an example.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit