Avro CR-100

Started by The Rat, November 30, 2011, 12:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

James

Great idea and equally great result.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Alvis 3.14159

Awesome! My contacts at CSIS will be around to have a chat with you...

:wacko:

Alvis Pi

JayBee

You know Rodent, there is one thing I despise about this model is that I was thinking of the same thing. Damn!
Back to the drawing board  :rolleyes:
Tis brillig  :wub:
My congratulations.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Glenn Gilbertson

Great story & modelling! :thumbsup:

rickshaw

Interestingly I'm presently reading the Putnam's book on A.V.Roe and they have a section on Avro Canada aircraft.  The CF-100 Mark 5 was mentioned having been designed as a "long wing PR aircraft"...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on December 01, 2011, 01:02:02 AM
Who says that "longer wings always improve the look of an aircraft"?  He's right with this one!  Well done!   :thumbsup:

That'll be me, or almost anyway.  ;)

And was I ever right with the CR-100, that's totally BRILL Rat, well done indeed.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Quote from: The Rat on November 30, 2011, 06:11:35 PM
Thank you all, gentlemen. One of these days, if I can summon up the courage, the whole thing will be stripped and it will be reconfigured as the research aircraft mentioned in the story.  :blink:
Oooh No! don't do that, build another one :wacko:
I am sure the differences would be enough to make it worthwhile :thumbsup:
It is, as the others have said absolutely brilliant :bow:
Regards
Keith(who would never even thought of that)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2011, 09:15:22 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on December 01, 2011, 01:02:02 AM
Who says that "longer wings always improve the look of an aircraft"?  He's right with this one!  Well done!   :thumbsup:

That'll be me, or almost anyway.  ;)

And was I ever right with the CR-100, that's totally BRILL Rat, well done indeed.  :thumbsup: ;D

I was waiting for you to show up, in fact I'll bet a lot of us were! I'm pretty sure I saw your Meteor PR19 before I got the idea, but I don't recall thinking of it when the idea for the Clunk struck me. But I wrote it into the back story anyway, it certainly deserves it.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

I'm flattered, thanks.  ;D

It's amazing how useful U-2 wings can be, I've got half a dozen U-2 kits and never built one at all. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with all those fuselages yet......

The PR19 has a tendancy to show up all over the place, and I expect your CR-100 will now too! All you need to do is make sure the backstory says it's in a major museum somewhere in Canada, and then publish the story on the Net somewhere.

You'll get banned from the museum of course, but the CR-100 will become INFAMOUS!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: TallEng on December 02, 2011, 01:14:20 PM
Quote from: The Rat on November 30, 2011, 06:11:35 PM
Thank you all, gentlemen. One of these days, if I can summon up the courage, the whole thing will be stripped and it will be reconfigured as the research aircraft mentioned in the story.  :blink:
Oooh No! don't do that, build another one :wacko:

Couple of reasons as to why that probably won't be happening. First, it wasn't as easy as you might think, at least not for me. Second is that I sort of like the idea of doing it just as if it was in the real world, with an old service bird heading for the hangar and then the paint shop for a total refurbishment.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

RussC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 03, 2011, 01:23:24 AM
I'm flattered, thanks.  ;D

It's amazing how useful U-2 wings can be, I've got half a dozen U-2 kits and never built one at all. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with all those fuselages yet......

The PR19 has a tendancy to show up all over the place, and I expect your CR-100 will now too! All you need to do is make sure the backstory says it's in a major museum somewhere in Canada, and then publish the story on the Net somewhere.

You'll get banned from the museum of course, but the CR-100 will become INFAMOUS!  ;D :lol:

Thats like me with flying wings, lots of airliner bodies lying about. I even took some of those Minicraft 777 fuselages and used the cylindrical half portions to build a big batch of 144th scale Quonset huts for dioramas! Hulls for Spruce Gooses, and 377 Pan-am Clippers looking for a use.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Captain Canada

Wow Ratty, that is just awesome ! I'd say you hit one out of the park. And noe that you've let the Rat out of the bag on how easy it was to build, add me to the list of "hey, I'm gonna do that ! "

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 04, 2011, 02:45:35 PM
Wow Ratty, that is just awesome ! I'd say you hit one out of the park. And noe that you've let the Rat out of the bag on how easy it was to build, add me to the list of "hey, I'm gonna do that ! "

:cheers:

Oh yeah, very easy... NOT!!!  :blink: :banghead: