Gulf War Hawk T1

Started by markmarples, November 30, 2011, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markmarples

i finished this Last year, ok lets imagine there was a problem getting the Buccs out to the gulf to assit in laser desegnation of targets, the the MOD decided they needed a quick fix to take out ground targets at low level, the americans had run in to problems with sand and there A-10 fleet were struggling so the RAF used the only thing they had left that could fit the bill, Hawk T1'a outfitted with either bombs or rocket pots and cannon's they soon started to work on clearing tanks and AA instilations from low level

the Hawk T1's were painted in the now customary ARTF pink and the ground crews applied there 'war' markings

Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Ian the Kiwi Herder

'Owdo Mark, nice to see that you've turned to the dark side... I mean found your way over here from Britmodeller. Great way to get y'self noticed !!  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

markmarples

hi mate!

ive but a few of my Atlantian builds on as well, hope people like them
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

The Rat

She's a beauty Mark. Of course, it's difficult for a Hawk to not be beautiful, and you've done her proud!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

markmarples

another Hawk Fan! i love hawks, alhtough this is a Wif Hawks actually flew armed in GW1 but with the Saudi's on air defence roles
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Scooterman

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: markmarples on November 30, 2011, 06:37:20 PM
another Hawk Fan! i love hawks, alhtough this is a Wif Hawks actually flew armed in GW1 but with the Saudi's on air defence roles
Mmmm... Hawks, something that looks nice in greys... This is stunning. So crazy, it might just work  :cheers: :drink:

markmarples

thanks guys, more wif hawks to come in the near future
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Mossie

Unusual seeing the Hawk in a war role, great stuff!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Nice one!  Now there is a little more awesomeness in the world!!  :thumbsup:

rickshaw

Nicely done!  Might be a bit of a struggle for poor little Hawk to get off the ground though!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Stunning  :thumbsup:

What scale is she - 1/48th ? Appologies if I've missed something obvious
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

markmarples

Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

James

Mark, that is a great looking Hawk! Glad you posted it.