Looks like a what-if but its not!

Started by matrixone, December 04, 2011, 01:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is my finished Mistel S3C, the Junkers Ju 88G-10 was converted from an Amtech Ju 88H-3/H-4 kit and the Fw 190 was built O.O.B. from the Hasegawa Fw 190F-8 kit, both models are 1/72 scale.
Paints used were Model Master enamels shot with my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush.

On to the pics...

Next up for me is another nightfighter, something never seen before. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

RussC

Great models AND great photography, Matrix.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

matrixone

Russ, thanks for your comments.
On another model forum a member has really trashed my work, mostly complaining about my photography and how I am doing it all wrong so its nice to get positive feedback here. :cheers:

Matrixone

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: whoever Trashed Your Work NEEDS Glasses and a Kick 'Down South'! Keep up the Great Work :cheers: :cheers: Dan

tc2324

Quote from: matrixone on December 04, 2011, 03:44:18 PM
On another model forum a member has really trashed my work, mostly complaining about my photography and how I am doing it all wrong so its nice to get positive feedback here. :cheers:

Matrixone

Your kidding....? It`s a shame that you get idiots on forums who just want to make trouble, no doubt in this case because of jealousy. I don`t always comment on your builds Matrix, but I really enjoy looking at them when posted and only wish I had a set up like yours to use.

You keep up the good work and please feel free to let me/us know which forum this jerk is on.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Gondor

Grate work yet again Matrixone, suerly a target for people to work towards
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

RussC

Quote from: tc2324 on December 04, 2011, 03:55:52 PM
Quote from: matrixone on December 04, 2011, 03:44:18 PM

Matrixone

Your kidding....? It`s a shame that you get idiots on forums who just want to make trouble, no doubt in this case because of jealousy. I don`t always comment on your builds Matrix, but I really enjoy looking at them when posted and only wish I had a set up like yours to use.

You keep up the good work and please feel free to let me/us know which forum this jerk is on.

I'm thinking its a trolling thing....

Well said, that prescription for a swift groinal kick.

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

matrixone

Thanks guys!

The guy with the problem does not just complain about me he complains about everyone and everything. I alerted the mods of the other forum and will let them deal with the problem.

Actually I did not get any negative feedback on my Mistel, most of the complaints were over the way I take my pics. I prefer to take all my model pics outdoors to use natural light and the person who complained is a professional photographer that insists indoor lighting is the only way to get good pictures. He says not only am I wrong about using natural light in my pictures but I am destroying the 'art of photography' and by using backdrops I am somehow ''cheating'' dioramas too. :unsure:

I had asked the professional photographer to show some of his work so we could all see how its done correctly but he refuses, until then I will just have to go about doing things the wrong way. :o
All of the above started out by me simply giving some advice to another member about lighting for model photography and I suggested he try outdoor photography instead of spending a lot of money for some expensive indoor lights when the professional photographer butted in and said I was giving bad advice and indoor lighting is the best way to get good pictures of scale models. Things went downhill from there! ;)

Matrixone

Glenn Gilbertson

Superb modelling and photography, Matrixone!  :thumbsup: Ignore your critic who sounds a sad, lonely bitter person.

Weaver

Jeeez  - there isn't a "right way", there's just ways that work, and yours demonstrably do! Either he runs a lighting company or he's a JPN  - every hobby has 'em..... :rolleyes:

Anyway, damn fine model, damn well photographed!  :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: matrixone on December 04, 2011, 04:31:54 PM
Thanks guys!

The guy with the problem does not just complain about me he complains about everyone and everything. I alerted the mods of the other forum and will let them deal with the problem.

Actually I did not get any negative feedback on my Mistel, most of the complaints were over the way I take my pics. I prefer to take all my model pics outdoors to use natural light and the person who complained is a professional photographer that insists indoor lighting is the only way to get good pictures. He says not only am I wrong about using natural light in my pictures but I am destroying the 'art of photography' and by using backdrops I am somehow ''cheating'' dioramas too. :unsure:

I had asked the professional photographer to show some of his work so we could all see how its done correctly but he refuses, until then I will just have to go about doing things the wrong way. :o
All of the above started out by me simply giving some advice to another member about lighting for model photography and I suggested he try outdoor photography instead of spending a lot of money for some expensive indoor lights when the professional photographer butted in and said I was giving bad advice and indoor lighting is the best way to get good pictures of scale models. Things went downhill from there! ;)

Matrixone

He is just an idiot  ;) This really is impressive, and what is this? are you "trying to fool whiffers"?  :rolleyes: You can give up it won't ruin our day or question everything we know about the universe like a JMN  :lol: The mottles on your models are top notch   :mellow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: matrixone on December 04, 2011, 04:31:54 PM
........ most of the complaints were over the way I take my pics. I prefer to take all my model pics outdoors to use natural light and the person who complained is a professional photographer that insists indoor lighting is the only way to get good pictures. He says not only am I wrong about using natural light in my pictures but I am destroying the 'art of photography' and by using backdrops I am somehow ''cheating'' dioramas too. :unsure:

That's typical JMN behaviour of course, but I didn't know this 'disease' was spreading into photogrpahy as well!  :o

How does he think photography got started in the first place? Did they have big barn-door Bowen lamps? No, they took them outdoors!

And of course he's NEVER going to show any examples of his 'work', probably because it's rubbish, but it may not actually exist.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Some awesome modelling and brilliant photography....could have come from the pages of any of the late war Luftwaffe books I have....congratulations on yet again a well presented n finished modelling project....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dumaniac

Matrix

dam fine models and dam fine pics

I wish I was a poofteenth as good

no complaints here

Bernie