XF-16 Block 75G Tiger

Started by Paulie, December 07, 2011, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Paulie on December 09, 2011, 12:54:17 PM
i´ve alredy love this site, so many great ideas and even better models built from them :) there in most forums most of the guys argue about what many rivets a wing of mig 29 product number 1346464646 has, what screw is used in something i´ve never even heard of :D :D :D for me, the point is to build something new, something what was never seen before... thank you again for your warm welcome  :lol:

With that point of view you'll go far on here Paulie.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Very nice build, but I don't know if you're aware, as no one seems to have mentioned it, but the was a YF-17, the Cobra, which was in direct competition with the YF-16, and later became, after much redesign, the F-18..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Devilfish on December 11, 2011, 11:42:20 PM
Very nice build, but I don't know if you're aware, as no one seems to have mentioned it, but the was a YF-17, the Cobra, which was in direct competition with the YF-16, and later became, after much redesign, the F-18..

And that still exists too, standing next to the YF-23 at Hawthorne.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2011, 01:51:56 AM

..which only implies that a rethink regarding the denomination of your "reversed F-16" perhaps should be considered in order to provide for a more believable backstory to be thought out. An option could be to move on in the aplhabet, already used combinations easily found here . Nothing else. The model itself is still charming and fun, although I do believe that I recognise the concept from earlier.  ;)

On that hand (and not trying to count rivets) how's the original thinking regarding the center of gravity of your machine?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Paulie

Quote from: Pellson on December 12, 2011, 02:47:14 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2011, 01:51:56 AM

..which only implies that a rethink regarding the denomination of your "reversed F-16" perhaps should be considered in order to provide for a more believable backstory to be thought out. An option could be to move on in the aplhabet, already used combinations easily found here . Nothing else. The model itself is still charming and fun, although I do believe that I recognise the concept from earlier.  ;)

On that hand (and not trying to count rivets) how's the original thinking regarding the center of gravity of your machine?

i knot there is YF17 out there... i wasnt very into making a new name for the plane... ill change that to F-16  block 75G :) and the center of gravity is suprisingly only a 3mm further back as it vere before /in real life it will be more in the back because of the load + fuel-- im aware of that/
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

Tophe

Belated congratulations for this very pleasant couple of models, wonderful together! :wub: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Paulie

Quote from: Tophe on December 17, 2011, 07:32:28 AM
Belated congratulations for this very pleasant couple of models, wonderful together! :wub: :bow:

thanks a much :) ill try to outdo myself at next project MIG 29 FSW ;)
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)