XF-16 Block 75G Tiger

Started by Paulie, December 07, 2011, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

Hi all  <_<

I´m new here :) i´m kinda unexperienced to the scale modeling so don´t be so harsh on me  ;) I really like what if and kitbash builds :)

This is my representation of what could be made from old academy yf-16a kit (1989). I used 1/72 academy model and the revell 1/72 F-16 MLU tigermeet decals, hope you like it...

Here it is:

Here together with F-16 MLU Tigermeet for comparison:

All criticism and opinions welcomed :)

Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

markmarples

welcome that is a fantastic idea

its got a bit of a streched typhoon look about it, keep them coming
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

flappydaffy

nice one  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: looks so much longer than his cousin the f-16  :cheers:

Paulie

thanks all :)

Quote from: flappydaffy on December 07, 2011, 06:04:12 AM
nice one  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: looks so much longer than his cousin the f-16  :cheers:

actually it is tiny bit shorter, academy donor kit represented YF-16A and all the moulded parts were smaller that in the revell kit :) its optical illusion i guess :)

flappydaffy

Quote from: Paulie on December 07, 2011, 06:08:55 AM
thanks all :)

Quote from: flappydaffy on December 07, 2011, 06:04:12 AM

actually it is tiny bit shorter, academy donor kit represented YF-16A and all the moulded parts were smaller that in the revell kit :) its optical illusion i guess :)

my gues would be that the pointy nose and the wings next to the fin (makes them look smaller by comparison) play a big part in this optical illusion ;)

what will be your next build?

Paulie

Quote from: flappydaffy on December 07, 2011, 06:12:37 AM
my gues would be that the pointy nose and the wings next to the fin (makes them look smaller by comparison) play a big part in this optical illusion ;)
what will be your next build?

i´m waiting a big shiny parcel = christmas :D   there will be SU-30KN, SU-47 Berkut, Mig-29, Mig-27 and OH-60 jayhawk coast defence

but recently i´m been mesmerized by this idea... some of you might think it is a herecy, but why not trying it out? :)

any opinions?

NARSES2

Nice model and as for your idea ? It's not heresy but genius  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Paulie

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 07, 2011, 06:49:36 AM
Nice model and as for your idea ? It's not heresy but genius  ;D

sounds like i´m making berkut the right wrong way with the wings going as on usuall planes :D:D:D

thanks :) and  what camo??? something easy, but outstanding from a row. im still using brush :) any suggestions?

McColm

Great models, for some of my larger models I use spray paint. I haven't got an air brush.

MilitaryAircraft101

Great work!  :thumbsup: The Su-47 reversed wing is cool, maybe bulk it up a bit though? Great work mate!

Scooterman

Welcome!  Love the Viper and the idea of a normal wing Su-47 is killer.  Thought-go the whole hog and swing the wing baby!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Paulie on December 07, 2011, 06:17:47 AM

any opinions?

They FINALLY get the wings right and you change it!  :lol: Seriously though very intriguing.  :wub:

These F-16s are great!! Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tc2324

Great effort for a first attempt.  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the nut house.... ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Glenn Gilbertson

Great start! Let your imagination free. :thumbsup:

Paulie

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on December 08, 2011, 02:42:53 PM
Great start! Let your imagination free. :thumbsup:
Quote from: tc2324 on December 08, 2011, 02:14:49 AM
Great effort for a first attempt.  :thumbsup:
Welcome to the nut house.... ;D
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 07, 2011, 09:17:23 PM
Quote from: Paulie on December 07, 2011, 06:17:47 AM
any opinions?
They FINALLY get the wings right and you change it!  :lol: Seriously though very intriguing.  :wub:
These F-16s are great!! Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:

thank you all :)

i´ve alredy love this site, so many great ideas and even better models built from them :) there in most forums most of the guys argue about what many rivets a wing of mig 29 product number 1346464646 has, what screw is used in something i´ve never even heard of :D :D :D for me, the point is to build something new, something what was never seen before... thank you again for your warm welcome  :lol: