MIG-27 Red Alert paint scheme

Started by Paulie, December 07, 2011, 06:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

one of my previous academy models :) box included paintschemes arenĀ“t for what if modelers, right? :D

i choosed this camo, i think red & black is a great combination, main aim was to make a acrobatic plane like Blue Angels or Russian Knights have.
it is basically OOB academy MIG 27 + decals from ... ehm :D mix of everything you can imagine from original kit to airfix E.Typhoon 2000 :)

hope you like it :) as always critism welcomed ;)

some pics:

Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

McColm

pyro-manic

That works! :thumbsup: The Flogger is a brutal-looking beast, isn't it? :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Paulie

Yeah :)
Quote from: pyro-manic on December 07, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

I remember seeing them fly over me as a kid :)

tanktastic43

lancer

Brutal in a sexy way I think. Absolutely LOVE that colour scheme, it looks soooo right on the Flogger. I might have to use it or at least a bariation of it on one of mine....Brilliant work!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

RussC

Quote from: lancer on December 07, 2011, 01:09:22 PM

Brutal in a sexy way I think. Absolutely LOVE that colour scheme, it looks soooo right on the Flogger. I might have to use it or at least a bariation of it on one of mine....Brilliant work!!

Great Mig build! That color scheme almost reminds me of that used on the planes used by the forces of COBRA (the requisite bad guys)  from the old GI Joe animated series.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Paulie

Quote from: RussC on December 07, 2011, 01:22:31 PM
Quote from: lancer on December 07, 2011, 01:09:22 PM
Great Mig build! That color scheme almost reminds me of that used on the planes used by the forces of COBRA (the requisite bad guys)  from the old GI Joe animated series.

never seen the series :) glad you like it :cheers:
if you had any suggestions for new camo, my mig 23 would be arriving soon :)

lancer

I got to thinking a few minutes ago , I wonder what that scheme would look like on the MiG 29 and the SU27 family???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Paulie

Quote from: lancer on December 09, 2011, 02:07:17 PM
I got to thinking a few minutes ago , I wonder what that scheme would look like on the MiG 29 and the SU27 family???

i have ordered mig29 and su 30kn aswell... maybe ill try it on the mig in diffrent colors, what about Black-gold? :)..... for su30 i have something special :P