"The Flying Hedgehog", Done.

Started by Sticky Fingers, December 11, 2011, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

I only use masking tape now as the last time I used Maskol (three layers) the paint ate through it and deep into the canopy of my Italeri Tornado F-3. It was HUmbrol's version of Maskol, I think the formula was changed because I never had trouble with it when it came in a large brown bottle.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

jsport

Understand it wouldn't look as good as a model. so to where to now?

Sticky Fingers

Best I could do, and pleased with the results:

There's a tiny bit of damage to the paintjob but I think I can toch that up.

And I started work on the rotorblades. My thinking was that the 4 blades on the Eurocopter wouldn't cut the mustard, so I stripped a Hind of its turning bits, cleaned and shortened them:

and they have just been painted black, ready for some more detailing. So now it's 5 wide blades instead of 4 wee ones.

Sticky Fingers

scooter

Looking much better.  And the 5 bladed ceiling fan looks...really fitting on it.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Sticky Fingers

Glossed and decalled:

Next up: detail painting, wash(es), some light weathering etc. etc.

T.t.f.n.

jsport

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: jsport on December 30, 2011, 02:44:30 PM
a post nuclear zombie hunter?  :dalek:
Haha :lol: yes I think it would be up to the task!

Here's a couple of pics taken today. I'm about to start putting the finishing touches to the 'Hog, only a few things left to do.

And

@ all: Best wishes for the new year!

MiB

The model is a great good idea. :thumbsup:
The color scheme and painting mode (=no-painting) no :(
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: MiB on January 03, 2012, 11:49:48 AM
The color scheme and painting mode (=no-painting) no :(
I can live with that; paintschemes, especialy made-up-ones, are rather personal. I like it anyway, it's a bit of an eyepopper between my other builds in the glass cabinet.
But what do you mean by "no-painting"? The thing started out bright yellow... :blink:

MiB

I'm sorry, the bright yellow seems like a color of a crude plastic kit. Seems like no painted
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Sticky Fingers

Calling this one done:

And a bad quality picture of the newly added exhaust:

I'll see if I can make some daylight pictures tomorrow (including a close-up of the type "B" fan in the boom, as chosen by you), with the camera instead of the cellphone, though the pictures made with the cell aren't too bad. Right?