Focke-Wulf P VII "Flitzer"

Started by daz greenwood, December 17, 2011, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daz greenwood

Ok so I managed to get some time at the bench, and managed to finish this. This is the Revell kit of this paper project jet fighter. I added Nav lights from sprue, and whip aerials on the upper and lower fuselage. Painted with Xracrylics. It's in the markings of JG 1 in March 1946.

PR19_Kit

That's camouflaged so well against your garden path I almost can't see it!  ;D :lol:

Looks good nonetheless, what's the kit like to build?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

nicely done  :thumbsup:
they're quite addictive to build these little buggers arent they?  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

daz greenwood

Thanx guys. I love the late-war Luftwaffe colours. And to build it falls together. And I'll be building a Messerschmitt P1099 in the New Year.

PR19_Kit

I rather fancy trying to merge a Vampire with a Flitzer, just so the JMNs get confused and start trying to work out where one starts and the other finishes.  ;D :lol: ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Nice one. Have to agree I like the late war colours as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 17, 2011, 03:39:11 PM
I rather fancy trying to merge a Vampire with a Flitzer, just so the JMNs get confused and start trying to work out where one starts and the other finishes.  ;D :lol: ;)

Already on the case, Kit, albeit as a Venom (what with the swept wing and all).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

With longer wings as well.....??  ;)
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on December 19, 2011, 08:33:02 AM

With longer wings as well.....??  ;)

Oh, dunno about that, it'd be a bit radical, wouldn't it?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Nice one Daz! Like the Luft 46 stuff myself!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

Nice one Daz - looks good!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: daz greenwood on December 17, 2011, 10:45:33 AM
Thanx guys. I love the late-war Luftwaffe colours. And to build it falls together.

I agree. The only thing I'd say is that it's worth making some plastic rod inserts for the boom/wing joint to make them a bit more rigid.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones