Something different for the AVG....

Started by Army of One, December 17, 2011, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

........had they carried on.....I wanted to do this kit for ages...1/72 old Hasegawa P38....I chose the engine cowlings as opposed to the more streamlined ones as I had a sheet with an awful lot of AVG a/c....a £2 bargain from a show I went to with Chris....paints are from the square tub Revell aqua color range.....I like the way they are easy to brush paint n the finish they give....I had considered trying to give it a three figure number as the Hawks had the first 100.....but couldn't find any suitable for the boom or tail.....I chose to place the tiger motif on the cockpit pod as it didn't look right on the intake of the boom......hope you like,I'm pleased with it n my son loves it......
It could actually be a throwing weapon with all the weight in the nose n engine fronts....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Oh now that is very nice mate  :thumbsup:

I may pinch that idea for the RS models kit of the un- supercharged P-38 that was trialed by the RAF

As an aside I quite like the Revell Aqua Colours - just took me ages to figure out how to open the things  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Cheers Chris.......brute force worked for me......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

JayBee

Spot on! :thumbsup:

I love the AVG and the P-38, but never thought of doing that. I raise my hat and a festive glass to you :cheers:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

RussC

Nice 38' build !  :thumbsup:

There were tiger marked P-51's, but maybe a Thunderbolt could wear the shark's teeth.....

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Army of One

Quote from: RussC on December 18, 2011, 11:11:37 PM
Nice 38' build !  :thumbsup:

There were tiger marked P-51's, but maybe a Thunderbolt could wear the shark's teeth.....

Many thanks......I'm not to sure how the big radial would look with a sharks mouth.....I have a La5 with with a huge shark mouth on it....not the same really.....I think it's definitely suited to inline engines n probably better with a chin radiator.......if they'd remained active throughout the war....n got British a/c......Typhoon/Tempest anyone.....???
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Well there was at least one Typhoon with a sharks mouth circa 1945 (not sure if it was immediate post war or just before the end) I'll dig my refs out
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Cheers Chris.....got a whole sheet to use.....these are relatively quick builds.....I should really get the naval Hind A back out......done very little to it recently......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 19, 2011, 07:27:13 AM
Well there was at least one Typhoon with a sharks mouth circa 1945 (not sure if it was immediate post war or just before the end) I'll dig my refs out

Just checked my 2nd Tac AF book and it was 245 Sqd just prior to the war's end

Army of One

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2011, 01:26:43 AM

Many thanks.......you got a picture you can post.......??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on December 20, 2011, 02:24:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2011, 01:26:43 AM

Many thanks.......you got a picture you can post.......??

There is only one known photo Hank and although it's published in the book it's of very poor quality.

One of the Magazines did a profile of the aircraft though. I'll see if I can find it

Chris

Army of One

Awesome......!! Other than the Airfix 1/72 (old n grim...) can you recommend another kit....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on December 20, 2011, 07:14:12 AM
Awesome......!! Other than the Airfix 1/72 (old n grim...) can you recommend another kit....??

The Academy one is lovely Hank. I've built 8 at least :thumbsup:

Army of One

Aha.....!! Many thanks.....!!! Does it come with RP's.....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!