the things you do for Christmas !!

Started by thedarkmaster, December 19, 2011, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

well my nephew wanted " Uncle Tim" to do him a Chelsea Aeroplane shooting down a Man Utd one........so OK we can do that

I apologise to anyone whom has a vested interest in these teams.........i really don't follow football in even the smallest way......it's just not cricket  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

flappydaffy

though i like manU better, have to say this looks cool  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: very dynamic  :bow: :bow:

Green Dragon

Not a footie fan but that's so cool!  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GeorgeC

Now there is a rich theme for discussion: 'Which aircraft would your football team be?'   ;D

Rheged

Quote from: GeorgeC on December 20, 2011, 05:15:13 AM
Now there is a rich theme for discussion: 'Which aircraft would your football team be?'   ;D

Carlisle Untied  sorry United  would be a Scottish Aviation Pioneer, able to get out of  frankly appalling situations;  which they  had  landed themselves in, in the first place!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 20, 2011, 05:25:26 AM
Quote from: GeorgeC on December 20, 2011, 05:15:13 AM
Now there is a rich theme for discussion: 'Which aircraft would your football team be?'   ;D

Carlisle Untied  sorry United  would be a Scottish Aviation Pioneer, able to get out of  frankly appalling situations;  which they  had  landed themselves in, in the first place!

To true  ;D

I don't know what Palace would be (could be one of those flying Crystal Palace's the French built between the Wars) but more likely something like a Swordfish - old, not in the best of nick, held together by the sheer will power of it's fans and "piloted" by enthusiastic kids, but occasionally capable of some amazing feats (Liverpool 2 - Palace 4 : Palace 5 - Man Utd 0)  :thumbsup: :drink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Paulie

haha :D great idea  :thumbsup:

you´ll be hearing from my friend soon thou´ :D :D :D just kidding :wub:
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

sequoiaranger

Superb idea to represent a rivalry in 3D.

Rather than "American vs Japanese", it *MIGHT* have been more appropos to have two BRITISH aircraft represent the rival UK football teams.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

Not into football, but from what I gather, Stockport County would be a Rolls-Royce Flying Bedstead: they just keep going up and down......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Leading Observer

Shouldn't the Chelsea arcraft be a MiG 3 or Yak-5? ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2011, 11:23:12 AM
What's 'football'?  :unsure:

The moden version of 'bread and circuses' of ancient Rome.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: lancer on December 20, 2011, 01:41:46 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 20, 2011, 11:23:12 AM
What's 'football'?  :unsure:

The moden version of 'bread and circuses' of ancient Rome.

Not quite!!   The bread and circuses were free for the plebs  in Rome,  Have you seen the price   of a Premier League match and a pie???
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet