Japan Chooses F-35 as new fighter

Started by Radish, December 20, 2011, 02:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

On all the news channels.
The Typhoon and F-18 lost out.
They're buying 42 of them.....after budget restructuring, price increases, they'll probably have one real one, 6 plastic replicas by Tamiya (the Hasegawa ones will need filler) and the rest will appear by CGI.

;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

I'd love to have seen the behind the scenes strong arming err.. I mean 'negotiations'  for that deal.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Who was selling it? Lockheed!

No more need be said................  <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

To be cynical I would suggest that the bank accounts of all negotiators should be checked to see who's has been debited and who's has been credited.  ;)

However, it was on the cards when the Japanese unveiled their own stealth aircraft studies.  Always a good bargaining chip to threaten to introduce a competitor into the market...  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Aircav

Hope there's no Lawyers reading some of these posts....
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

At least we can dress up some F-35s in pretty Japanese colours.....before they come into service.

By the way, the F-15Js are apparantly grounded....the F-4EJ soldiers on....and on.... :cheers:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Aircav on December 20, 2011, 11:50:25 PM
Hope there's no Lawyers reading some of these posts....

Can't imagine why, they obviously took no notice of Lockheed's bank statements.......  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChrisF

Quote from: Radish on December 20, 2011, 11:58:03 PM

By the way, the F-15Js are apparantly grounded....the F-4EJ soldiers on....and on.... :cheers:

Have you got a link to this news ? Im guessing its still connected to the hypoxia problems F22's and others were having ?