Hi people.
Just another Ta 183, from MP.

'Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to, above all have FUN'-Al Superczynski-

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

lancer

That is bloody beautiful!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PACOPEPE

Have you thought about an italian scheme (ANR, as your previous works).  ;D

Seriously, i like it; good work  :thumbsup:

This "projekt" is very interesting, first of all for its influence on subsequent projects; primarily soviet (Mig-15). I´ll make it with soviet scheme. I´ve another derivative; the argentinean Pulqui II.

Cheers
Fran

Kruaxi

You're right, but i believe was the Saab J-29 it's 'real' son... too similar !

PACOPEPE

Interesting.........more pics of Ta 183´s sons:

In the first photo:

Above: a member of Kurt Tank´s advanced design team, holds a scale model of Ta 183.
Middle: Photo of a developed Ta 183 during the inmediate postwar period.
Below: A photo of the prototype argentinean Pulqui II, designed by Kurt Tank.

Second photo: An extension of previous middle pic.

Regards
Fran

frank2056

Nice ta-183 model!

The Mig-15 and Saab S-29 Tunnan had their own histories and are completely unrelated to the Ta-183; it's not difficult to do a web search and learn about the designs. The only real aircraft to share a history with the Ta-183 is the Pulqui II, and even there it's a weak link. Kurt Tank based the Pulqui loosely on the Ta-183III design. The wing location is different and it has a wider fuselage, since it used a Nene centrifugal engine instead of an axial engine.

In the book photograph, the "member of Kurt Tank's team" is Hans Multhopp - he was the designer and principle engineer of the Ta-183.
The second picture is a known fake from a 1950s magazine. The British, not the Russians captured the Focke-Wulf factory where the Ta-183 designs were being worked on.

dumaniac

I like the red/crimson colour - different in a nice way

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PACOPEPE

Quote from: frank2056 on December 21, 2011, 04:37:21 PM
Nice ta-183 model!

The Mig-15 and Saab S-29 Tunnan had their own histories and are completely unrelated to the Ta-183; it's not difficult to do a web search and learn about the designs. The only real aircraft to share a history with the Ta-183 is the Pulqui II, and even there it's a weak link. Kurt Tank based the Pulqui loosely on the Ta-183III design. The wing location is different and it has a wider fuselage, since it used a Nene centrifugal engine instead of an axial engine.

In the book photograph, the "member of Kurt Tank's team" is Hans Multhopp - he was the designer and principle engineer of the Ta-183.
The second picture is a known fake from a 1950s magazine. The British, not the Russians captured the Focke-Wulf factory where the Ta-183 designs were being worked on.
You´re all right, frank2056; thanks, it´s very interesting. Do you have the same book?. They´re two parts.
Do you know the origin of the Mig 15, and the Saab J 29?.

Thanks
Fran

Kruaxi

Quote from: frank2056 on December 21, 2011, 04:37:21 PM
Nice ta-183 model!

Probably you're right

redstar72

For those who think MiG-15 and Ta 183 are similar:

Are they?..
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

PR19_Kit

Quote from: redstar72 on December 29, 2011, 07:38:07 AM
For those who think MiG-15 and Ta 183 are similar:

Are they?..

Not really, apart from the fact that they're both single engined swept wing jets with nose intakes.

The F-86 and the Mig-15 are more alike than the Ta183 and the Mig 15 to my mind.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

redstar72

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 29, 2011, 08:18:43 AM
Not really, apart from the fact that they're both single engined swept wing jets with nose intakes.

The F-86 and the Mig-15 are more alike than the Ta183 and the Mig 15 to my mind.

Absolutely agree!
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast