1/10th & 1/12th figures -- includes Pirates

Started by raafif, December 22, 2011, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raafif

Just the other day I was eyeing off the new Airfix 1/12th scale royal soldiers re-release (Household Guard, Coldstream Guard & Beef-eater) and the old Aurora Gold Knight on Charger.  Always thought the Airfix kits should be sold as diorama sets ..... Beef-Eater feeding raven in front of the Tower .... Coldstream Guard in front of his box with obnoxious tourist posing beside him & a couple of Japanese busy clicking away -- printed-paper backdrop of Buck House included !

In the Whif-World .... how about an American "Gold Stream Guard" -- WW2 US soldier in standard dress-uniform with gaiters, gold-plated helmet & Garand rifle at the "present" ???

Abarst ye swobs !!
Now I see that Atlantis Models is re-doing the Aurora pirates in 1/10 scale for 2012 / 2013 (still in plastic) !!
http://atlantis-models.com
Black Beard 1st qtr 2012
Followed by Captain Kidd, The Viking, Roman Gladiator Spartacus, Roman Gladiator with trident, The Crusader.

Check out their built models of the original kits too ... Man from UNCLE, Jese James, JFK, George Washington,  Zorro on horse etc.  How about combining the George Washington & Black Bear kits  ;D ??

They do a few UFOs as well -- one hobby-shop  :blink: Dweeble  :blink: was convinced that the "Lockheed TR3-E" was REAL & used anti-gravity with magnetic-induction for propulsion !!!!!!!!!!!!
Why ? because Airfix Magazine said so apparently !
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

NARSES2

Ah memories  ;D

I built most of the Airfix 1/12 figures as a kid. I also remember the Aurora figures with affection, especialy the Gothic armoured knight on fuly armoured horse.

Slghtly off topic but to do with "pirates" I had most of the Pyro 1/1 scale guns (flintlock pistol, musket, pepperpot) and they were great for when we were playing pirates - not the gym based activity, although that was good fun as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Memories indeed! Oneof those 1/12th kits was the first kit I actually built on my own. Polish Lancer I think.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on December 24, 2011, 07:32:53 AM
Memories indeed! Oneof those 1/12th kits was the first kit I actually built on my own. Polish Lancer I think.

I think that was one of the 1/32 scale ones Lance (if it was Airfix). Those 1/32 scale figures were terrific - fond memories  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2011, 08:01:01 AM

I think that was one of the 1/32 scale ones Lance (if it was Airfix). Those 1/32 scale figures were terrific - fond memories  :thumbsup:

Yep, you're right about that Chris, the only figures I had at 1/12th were my action men. You know if Airfix re-released those figures I'd certainly buy a few.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

Airfix did a 1/12 Bengal Lancer and as Chris said the Polish Lancer was 54mm.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

raafif

I thought Historex bought the moulds to the 1/32 Airfix Napoleonic figures & re-popped them for quite some time ?
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

NARSES2

Quote from: raafif on December 24, 2011, 01:57:33 PM
I thought Historex bought the moulds to the 1/32 Airfix Napoleonic figures & re-popped them for quite some time ?

Hadn't heard about the Historex connection but they have been re-released over the years. You quite often see finished examples at shows but very seldom see them for sale.

Quote from: Aircav on December 24, 2011, 09:00:36 AM

Airfix did a 1/12 Bengal Lancer and as Chris said the Polish Lancer was 54mm.  ;D

That Bengal Lancer was a lovely kit. There's a bloke on the UK show scene who must have 12 of them all in different regimental uniforms - gorgeous display. And yes the Polish Lancer was advertised as 54mm not 1/32, it was the multipose that were 1/32