Tintin build #6: Khemedi Spitfire Mk.V

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 26, 2011, 12:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

started this one today, as i wanted to get al least 1 tintin aircraft finished before the new year.
so i started to build the Spitfire, featured in the tintin comic "the black gold"

the model im using is a Revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk.V, roundels are homemade.
spinner, prop, exhausts and wheels are still drying.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Daryl J.

Awesome!   And home made roundels to boot.   
I was just reading some Tintin this very morning to research "Khemed vs. the Emir, Continued."
Will watch with interest.

Spey_Phantom

and, im finished  ;D

ive added an RAF serialfrom the kit itsself, as Hergé didnt give Khemed's spits any of there own.
unforunatly, something went wrong one one of the roundels on the side, apparently some of the sealent got through in one corner, causing a part of the decal to tear off  :-\
another mistake i did on my side was that i smudged the canopy a bit  :banghead:
i managed to save most of it.

all in all, i think it turned out quite well  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Despite the decal issue it looks GREAT! Well done indeed.  :thumbsup: :cheers:

Can't you just plonk another decal on top of the torn one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Looks OK to me.  Captures the look very nicely.   :thumbsup:

Just paint a bare-metal patch where the tear is and say its "a battle-damage repair".  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Cobra

Superb Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did a Top Notch Job,even with decal Issues!  Keep up the Great work :thumbsup: :cheers: Dan

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

So... this airplane was not a cartoonist's dream only: your photographs are proving its existence :blink: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sequoiaranger

I like it, too, despite the decal glitch (can you print another set and overlay?). 

Might you also find a dog (of the right type) to put in the cockpit?? Several HO (1/87 scale, but close) train accessory packs have dogs of all sorts in them. I was going to make a "dogcatcher" truck in HO scale and went looking for appropriate dogs, so I know they are out there.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!