Lockheed XR6O-1 Constitution

Started by jzichek, December 27, 2011, 08:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzichek

Check out this article on RetroMechanix.com on the Lockheed XR6O-1 Constitution:

The accompanying gallery reproduces the "Lockheed Constitution Development Story," a publication from December 1950 summarizing the design and development of the aircraft with numerous detail photos and drawings, including deck plans of an unrealized commercial airliner variant. The brochure was likely part of a marketing effort to a sell a turbine-powered version of the Constitution to the airlines of the day, an effort which ultimately failed, as the aircraft was judged too large and impractical for commercial use.

-Jared

McColm

I've always wanted to build something similar in 1/72 scale. A kitbash using a Heller Super G and the Academy C-97.

TomZ

Quote from: McColm on December 01, 2015, 12:37:13 AM
I've always wanted to build something similar in 1/72 scale. A kitbash using a Heller Super G and the Academy C-97.

Well, you can! Anigrand just announced one in 1/72.
http://www.anigrand.com/future_releases.htm

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

McColm

Thanks,
Looks expensive. I think they make a 1/144 scale resin model.

ysi_maniac

This plane needed more powerful engines, so ... What if the power plant of C-130?

Will die without understanding this world.

McColm

That looks great, shame the Anigrand kit is way too expensive.
A kitbashed with the C-97 or Boeing 747 as the donor model.

Captain Canada

Cool pic, but the link won't work 'not found'  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

No longer a future release, check the current stock.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

McColm

Great work,
Looks as though it has potential to become a bomber or tanker.

sandiego89

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 10, 2016, 05:40:54 PM
This plane needed more powerful engines, so ... What if the power plant of C-130?

YSI, those look great!

For even more power, the T-34's from the C-133 Cargomaster might be an interesting fit as well. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

McColm

That means buying a 1/144 donor model and fitting Tu-95 engines as the Anigrand C-133 is a tad expensive.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

The An-124 has an uncanny resemblance to the Constitution. May have to replace the wing and engines, but this could work.