Mad Max Vehicles

Started by Austanker, December 30, 2011, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

Probably the best Aussie WHIF subject of all time , thought I'd chuck in some pics I have - fuel for thought or should that be guzzelene  :wacko:

Ok this first beastie is from the upcoming MM4 - Fury Road movie , originally to be filmed at Broken Hill NSW Australia but the desert was too green so they moved it all to Namibia South Africe for 2012, these pics show the movie cars en route and parked at truck stops along the way.
As you can see its a Mercedes body shell whacked straight onto a stripped down prime mover - easy modelling  ;D

This tanker is also from MM4 it was caught on film at Broken Hill last year while stunts were being rehearsed - as you can see it has been stripped . strectched and added to with other car shells

Peeking under truck tarp we find more MM4 goodness...........

ullo ullo wot do we have here ? tracked vehicles this require some more research ...... and guess what it is ?

Its a Ripsaw tank ! proceed directly to YouTube and check that sucker in action

This vehicle is called Ballistica and is also in MM4 according to various sources

Cya on the freeway scags  ;)

puddingwrestler

The one major issue with trying to model Mad Max vehicles faithfully is that they are (at least in the first two movies) Australian. getting kits of 1970s Australian muscle cars is very hard. Even diecasts are a bit limited in numbers.
It will be interesting to see if Fury Road disproves my long held theory of Post Apocalyptic Cinema (the only place you can make good PA films is Australia witness Mad Max and Mad Max 2, and of course, Salute of the Jugger VS. Postman and Waterworld...)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 30, 2011, 05:43:23 PM
The one major issue with trying to model Mad Max vehicles faithfully is that they are (at least in the first two movies) Australian. getting kits of 1970s Australian muscle cars is very hard. Even diecasts are a bit limited in numbers.
It will be interesting to see if Fury Road disproves my long held theory of Post Apocalyptic Cinema (the only place you can make good PA films is Australia witness Mad Max and Mad Max 2, and of course, Salute of the Jugger VS. Postman and Waterworld...)
No Tina Turner for you?  ;) ;D Anyway, considering Fury Road is on the brink of starting to really get rolling, I hope that it isn't "holywoodized". I know that's rather optimistic, but I really want it to be the gritty, down to earth action film that the first, and the second showed. I may just have a 1:24 Mini Cooper in the stash that could be on the brink of mad-maximization  ;) ;D

raafif

here's a couple of designs that would fit in.

Aaron Beck did this ....

& a Dodge ....
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.