My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Found an  1/72 ASW Westland Merlin in Royal Navy colours on eBay.
I'll swap over the decals on a 1/72 Sea Hawk helicopter, use the seats and consols on my superstretched Nimrod AEW. I'll be down in Erith for a month, so traveling from Harlesden will make the my day even longer.

Aircav

From Hannants, a 1/48 Fokker D.VII OAW plus Diopacks Factory Tools set 1 and Dining set, both in 1/35 and both great sets.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on October 03, 2012, 07:58:13 AM
....sorta thinking of a space carrier along the lines of some of the stuff I seen Radish do.....not got a clue where to stat though.....

Start with a dress and pink wellies ?  :wacko: ;D

Seriously Rad is a great believer in using household items like drinking straws (as external piping) and scraps of plasti-card to provide interest to the structure and then loads of dry brushing. There's a photo of his rocket ship builds in the report of the Yate Show - there are more somewhere. http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35371.30.html

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 04, 2012, 12:57:20 AM
Quote from: Army of One on October 03, 2012, 07:58:13 AM
....sorta thinking of a space carrier along the lines of some of the stuff I seen Radish do.....not got a clue where to stat though.....

Start with a dress and pink wellies ?  :wacko: ;D

Seriously Rad is a great believer in using household items like drinking straws (as external piping) and scraps of plasti-card to provide interest to the structure and then loads of dry brushing. There's a photo of his rocket ship builds in the report of the Yate Show - there are more somewhere. http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35371.30.html

Chris

Other random things that spring to mind:

Use drywall screws as propulsion screws for that steampunk look. Also the little plastic covers for screw heads make all sorts of domes/covers/dishes etc...

Household packaging can provide bigger domes and "spacey" shapes, as can stationary items. Go see my "found objects" thread for more ideas: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26614.0.html

Scaleorama: a 1/72nd AIM-54 Pheonix is a pretty decent shuttlecraft in 1/800th...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Airwaves Seafire wing fold set.  That's going onto an Xtrakit mk XII.

Ventura Spitfire HF.VII
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Funnily enough I recently bought some drawer knobs (AEW Radomes) and BIG SCREWS for plasterboard, etc...in plastic....AETHER SCREWS for battleships and so on.....I'm seriously thinking of swivelling screws (not as a deviation) but for VTOL/STOL purposes on battleships and carriers. ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

sandiegobrit

just added a revell f-15e and a revell f-18 super hornet from michaels craft shops with a 40% off coupon for both made the f-15 $18  and the f-18 $10
cant beat those prices!!! anyone for a luftwaffe f-15 and a fleet air arm f-18 ?.

Spey_Phantom

arrived in the mail today, a big box, and inside was:

-Academy 1/144 Mig-23 Flogger
-Academy 1/144 Tornado GR1 (for use as a parts source)
-Revell 1/144 F-14A Tomcat
-Trumpeter 1/144 F-22A Raptor (4th one already  :-\)
-Revell 1/144 B-2A Spirit
-Revell 1/72 F-22A Raptor
-Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.I (with 2-blade prop)
-Italeri 1/72 JAS-39C Gripen
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

From work, the following.
1/48 Italeri ACH-47
1/48 Tamiya Spitfire VB, 2 off
1/72 Italeri Fiat G.222
1/100 Revell Eagle Lander
1/100 Revell Apollo Command module.
;)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Captain Canada

If you can't score on the ice you might as well score at your LHS !

Trump 350th Corsair ( the WWII kind )

Airfix 72nd mk.2C Hurri. I would like to build a Hurricat, but I can`t seem to get me head around tossing away a bloody Hurricane !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 04, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
Airfix 72nd mk.2C Hurri. I would like to build a Hurricat, but I can`t seem to get me head around tossing away a bloody Hurricane !

:thumbsup:

Stick floats on it then! ;D
http://www.k5083.mistral.co.uk/PROJECTS.HTM
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Retrieved from the local sorting office today, both ebay wins...

1 x 1/72 Trumpeter F6/F2A with a set of Model Alliance decals and the Aires Exhaust correction/Detail set included

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa EF-111A Electric Fox which has unusable decals which is not a problem as I intend to build an F-111K from the kit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Aircav

Went up to Modelzone in the Metro Centre today with Paul and got a 1/72 Academy KC-97L plus a 1/72 Trumpeter Chinese FC-1 Prototype, saved 16 quid on the KC and 6 on on the FC as they were in the sale.  :thumbsup:

Sir Sydney Camm

Weaver

From a local toy/hobby shop, a Matchbox Hot Wheels 6x6 ATV. It looks to be about 1/76th ish scale, which means it should be possible to tidy it up, detail it and re-paint it into something useful:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 04, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
I would like to build a Hurricat, but I can`t seem to get me head around tossing away a bloody Hurricane !

That didn't seem to bother the RAF and the Navy in real life!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter