My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

An Airfix Red Arrows Hawk from the nearest Hobbycraft to me, and that's 30 odd miles away!

Why?

Because I could....  ;D ....and I do have plans for it that have NOTHING to do with 'Red' or 'Arrows'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

hmm, i think that this is the best place to put this.....

my stepmother is moving house in a few days time and amazingly in amongst several boxes i'd not seen
in more than 20 years, were two very started 1/72 monogram F-16XL's i'd long since forgotten about.

both looked like i was gonna wiff them as one has twin tails and what was probably RAF 1980's greys
air defence colors. the other i'd not started painting.

a re-addition to the stash i think.  :wub:
Keeper of George the Cat.

deathjester

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 24, 2012, 11:06:49 AM
An Airfix Red Arrows Hawk from the nearest Hobbycraft to me, and that's 30 odd miles away!

Why?

Because I could....  ;D ....and I do have plans for it that have NOTHING to do with 'Red' or 'Arrows'.
Oho!!  A challenge eh?  Well, lets see... What If?  YellowJacks never disbanded?

Army co-op machine?

How about a Torpedo Bomber!

Gondor

Quote from: deathjester on December 24, 2012, 01:11:04 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 24, 2012, 11:06:49 AM

Why?

Oho!!  A challenge eh?  Well, lets see... What If?  YellowJacks never disbanded?

Army co-op machine?

How about a Torpedo Bomber!

Bear Delivery aircraft?
                                        although I do like the idea of the YellowJacks

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on December 24, 2012, 03:36:06 PM
although I do like the idea of the YellowJacks

Way ahead of you there  ;D

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

deathjester

Oh yes! Martin - very nice.  :thumbsup:
But why is one of those Hawk done in PINK!!

Steel Penguin

cos if it was yeelow it would look like a bunch of bananas on the table?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: deathjester on December 24, 2012, 07:15:48 PM

It's a long story involving debauchery and drunkeness ------or at least an Xmas dinner  :mellow: ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Santa brought me a shiny new Airfix F-51D.  And very nice it is too.  Note that the actual pilot figure doesn't look as camp as he does in the instructions!
This will be a real world build making uses of the Freightdog Mustang IVa conversion.

The Dominican markings will be put to good use.

And I meant to post earlier, Santa said that 'cos I'd been good boy I could treat myself to the £1.99 Airfix Airacobra at the Holborn MZ.  Now that will be whiffed, I have an Academy kit in the stash that is slated for Airacobra I status.  Maybe next year.

Or probably the year after.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 25, 2012, 01:22:02 AM

It's a long story involving debauchery and drunkeness ------or at least an Xmas dinner  :mellow: ;D ;D

I like Chris's version. But in truth it was done for a former Coventry & Warwickshire SMW display theme. "Pretty in Pink". Which stemmed from a challenge laid down by the wife of a member, who claimed we would never have any thing pink on the stand..........So with the gauntlet thrown down, every thing on the stand at the next SMW was Pink. Some real so not so real ;D

It still gets wheeled out every now and then to wind up a certain IPMS Bolton member who happens to be a Hawk flight test engineer at Warton  :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rheged

Oh yes! Martin - very nice.  :thumbsup:

What's wrong with pink?  I know a chap   who used to drive a pink  Land Rover.......
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Army of One

Two 1/32 Revell Lynx Mk88 helicopters....first of a few models......unless some of the other wrapped items for me contain broken stuff.....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Steel Penguin

airfix coyote and jackal  and some megablock darleks
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Leading Observer

Airfix Angel Intercepter from Santa  ;)
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

coolpop6307

My sister got me a U.S.S Arizona for Christmas .  :thumbsup:  ;D
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"