My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Ventura Spitfire F.XIVe
Heller Spitfire XVIe (Black boxing)
Frog DH Hornet F.3 (White boxing)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: sandiegobrit on February 14, 2012, 07:18:49 PM

any recommendations for a good but cheap hurricane, hunter and mid-war spitfire mk ix?

Hurricane - Airfix mkI  Not sure if it's current.  Pegasus (the chinese lot) do a rather basic but nice Hurricane.

Hunter - 48th scale, only choice is Academy or the latest reboxing by Italeri.  Would benefit from an Aeroclub upgrade set as some parts are woefully underscale.  Fit is... challenging.

Spitfire IX - ICM are the bestest in 48th.  Avoid the Hasegawa/Revell one (shape issues).  The old Otaki/ARII kit isn't bad apart from lack of gull wing underneath (also released by Matchbox and later Airfix as an VIII).  Italeri reboxed the Occidental IX which wasn't too bad.  Airfix did a 48th IX (their own tooling) but not sure if it's current.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

Both the Airfix Hurricane Mk.I and Spitfire Mk.IX are currently available.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

The fit of the Airfix one is somewhat challenging, apparently, although it's a very full box of bits. 

Not my scale anyway.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Howard of Effingham

yesterday....

italeri MH-53J pave low III

which gave me the idea for a USAF special ops fairey rotodyne, honest! i have no idea why  ;D ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

General Melchet

Quote from: General Melchet on Yesterday at 02:23:00 PM
Two Novo Super VC10s for £15  Grin (old FROG repops in 1/144th, still nice though, with separate flaps and slats, retracting undercarriage , etc, and NOT seriously warped )...remember having one of the originals as a nipper, the version with working lights..................built and trashed in a week!!
These will be seriously whiffed into MR2 and proposed AEW 3 variant, as seen in Chris Gibsons Poffler book.

What???  Shocked

WherEVER did you find those? They were an absolute bargain.  Thumbs Up

I've still got one of the originals, with the lights and the monster stand, plus one without lights as I grafted them into a B-24 assembly ship many years ago.  Grin

Actually kit I got them from under some chaps table, can't recall who but he also had a 1/96th comet and caravelle in the box. The rest were from Collectakit...

Hope Huddersfield turns up similar bargains..!!

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

The Wooksta!

If I was you, I'd stick one on ebay and build t'other.  Given the amount of butchery you're planning, wouldn't the Airfix kit be better?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Lots of work involved in making a Super out of the standard Airfix VC10 kit.

Actually there's a fair amount of work involved in making a standard VC10 out of an Airfix standard VC10 kit, but let's not go there.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

From ebay:

1. Box of bits for the bits box: mostly nosecones and bomb doors, bizarrely.

2. 1/72nd injected PZL P.7a, made by a company called "PZW72"(?). I have the impression that this is a bit of a rarity, although I havn't researched it yet. Looks nice in the box (but then so does the TS-11 Iskra... :banghead:).... Probably to end up in Spanish Civil War colours one of these years....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

A 1/12th?? Quad bike.....hope it'll be at Hudders on Sunday....going out to spay it.

A multi-spray for the garden lawn....otherwise known as an Alien spacecraft in 1/600th. ;D ;D :o :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

Do you have a 600th scale Manuel to go with it?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Radish

;D ;D ;D ;D

Might end up as a 1/144th visitor to match some vehicles I have.....a sort of '50s diorama. :rolleyes:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

sandiegobrit

thanks for the advice guys
just got (in 1/48 to match the others)
airfix Douglas Bader spitfire set (yes Bader is my hero )
airfix mk1 hurricane

i'll wait on the hunter even though i have been asked to do it in the colours and markings of a friends fathers RAF plane.

Daryl J.

Green Dragon

Airfix 1/72nd Strikemaster and another Hawk 100 arrived from Amazon Monday morning. Possibly both from somewhere African for COIN ops though the Singaporean markings in the Strikey look rather nice. Might do the RNZAF option to remember they used to have an Air Force!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)