My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on May 08, 2012, 07:43:10 AM

Frog BAC Canberra PR-7.

Blimey, that must have cost a bit, and it's hardly 'state of the art', is it!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Just over 20 quid before postage. But a very nice kit despite its age (late 1950's/early 1960's)
And its the 2nd one ive laid my hands on in the last 12 months for that sort of price.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

From ebay, a Hobbycraft CT-114 Tutor, and a Pantera (who?) Su22M4 Fitter. The Fitter might become a U-2-alike, and the Tutor might get Strikemaster-ed.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Steel Penguin

one die cast 1:50 artic with 40` ibc, for wargaimg after i tome down the brightness.
and a bachman fna nuke flask wagon, to wiff to 009 narrow gauge and convert to the Wye, Boddha and Dunnow preserved line. ( kit this is your fault.... though my father in law loved it as an idea)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on May 08, 2012, 08:12:04 AM
Just over 20 quid before postage. But a very nice kit despite its age (late 1950's/early 1960's)
And its the 2nd one ive laid my hands on in the last 12 months for that sort of price.

Sounds excellent, I built one of those in 1957 or so, when I was 15.

It'll be nice to see one built to good standards, which mine surely wasnt'!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 08, 2012, 11:45:01 AM
( kit this is your fault.... though my father in law loved it as an idea)

It usually is, just ask OGL.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2012, 12:15:22 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 08, 2012, 11:45:01 AM
( kit this is your fault.... though my father in law loved it as an idea)

It usually is, just ask OGL.  ;D

Yeap. If in doubt. Blame Spackman ;D ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2012, 08:08:45 AM
Quote from: Martin H on May 08, 2012, 07:43:10 AM

Frog BAC Canberra PR-7.

Blimey, that must have cost a bit, and it's hardly 'state of the art', is it!  :o

Pick up one of those a year or so ago, I had asked John Adams some things about it and other Canberra kits and his advice was to put it back in the stash and leave it un-built ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

GOT ONE!!!!  :drink: :cheers:

From ebay: Trumpeter 1/72nd Xian FBC-1 Flying Leopard

Been after one of these at a sensible price since errr, just after they all disappeared from ebay.....  :rolleyes:

To be lightly converted into a British 1960s clean-sheet-of-paper alternative to the Spey-Phantom. Initial thoughts are Tornado fin, possibly Tornado tailplanes, Hawk gunpod, 2 x Skyflash on front fuselage corners, 2 more on mid wing pylons, Tornado drop tanks, rounded wingtips with the missile rails moved underneath, each holding a twin SRAAM tube.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 08, 2012, 03:48:29 PM
Pick up one of those a year or so ago, I had asked John Adams some things about it and other Canberra kits and his advice was to put it back in the stash and leave it un-built ---

John did a rather good vacform PR7 conversion fuselage for the original Airfix B6, I have one somewhere but not seen it for ages.

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: Weaver on May 08, 2012, 03:50:40 PM
GOT ONE!!!!  :drink: :cheers:

From ebay: Trumpeter 1/72nd Xian FBC-1 Flying Leopard

Been after one of these at a sensible price since errr, just after they all disappeared from ebay.....  :rolleyes:

To be lightly converted into a British 1960s clean-sheet-of-paper alternative to the Spey-Phantom. Initial thoughts are Tornado fin, possibly Tornado tailplanes, Hawk gunpod, 2 x Skyflash on front fuselage corners, 2 more on mid wing pylons, Tornado drop tanks, rounded wingtips with the missile rails moved underneath, each holding a twin SRAAM tube.

I've got a half-built one that is supposed to be a "SEPECAT Panther", a Tornado alternative. Based on some skins that SPINNERS did some time ago. Jaguar fin shape and wingtips, hauling some Sea Eagles, and a pair each of Skyflash and Sidewinders. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Quote from: Falcon on May 08, 2012, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 07, 2012, 01:57:48 AM
Quote from: Falcon on May 06, 2012, 09:49:58 AM

Got the last one of each of these kits from the Meadowhall branch for the bargain price of £2.99 each.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Was never able to find the Meadowhall branch when I was in the Sheffield/Rotherham area, don't go up there now

It has recently moved to the edge of the 'Oasis' food court. It used to be on the upper level next door to the Sony shop.

Thanks, if I'm in that part of the world I now know
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Flipping hell......!! Some bargains to be had in MZ at the mo....tempted by quite a few but would have got them just for the sake of it......but came away with 2 academy OV10D Bronco's at £2.99 from £6.99.....almost got a 1/48 F15E that was £14 down from £30 and a 1/35 PaveHawk,the rescue rescue one with the refuelling probe an optical stuff,winch n guns....that was £20 down from £40....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

From the Big H :-

One of the last 7 Aviation Workshop TSR2 decal sheets they have left.

A set of TSR2 cockpit masks (now that I have my airbrush working I need to take precautions.......  ;))

A resin TSR2 systems bay

One of those DCASPAR decals sheets with ZILLIONS of aircraft on it, this time it's 30 plus types from both sides of the Suez Conflict in 1956. Almost every type involved is included on the sheet, apart from the Valiants, the Meteor PR19s and the Convair-Hawker Ospreys.....  ;) :lol: It includes a complete A5 sheet of yellow/black stripes and panels!  :o

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Those DP Caspar sheets are good value arn't they  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.