My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Nils on June 16, 2012, 07:43:21 AM
2 Heller 1/72 Spitfire Mk.XVI's (to become RW Belgians, 1 OOB and 1 will be converted to Spitfire FR.14c with part of an Airfix PR XIX, currently on order)

If you're planning an FR14C high back, you'd be better off using an Airfix IXc for the wing and canopy (done it and it's a fairly easy conversion).  The wing in the Heller XVI is an E wing and would need more work to convert back, unless you want to do a clipped 14E highback.  All the RAF low backs had E wings as standard - the E wing came in mid44 and all the low backs were from early 45 - there's an engineering reason as to why but I can't remember it. 

TBH, you'd have too much cutting and shutting with the Heller 16. You're better off sourcing a Fujimi kit if you're wanting to do the lowback as you can do it straight from the box.  Alternately, an AZ 14E high back as you get the 18 fuselage spare and it'll accept a Heller 16 wing. 

Be *very* careful with the Heller 16s currently available, as the black plastic ones tend to be warped.  I've binned several fuselages because of it. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

2 x 1/72nd Airfix Arado Ar 196.

Question......having just done a "to build" list needed for SMW12 at Telford....and this list barely scratches the surface of the stuff I'm keeping.....why am I buying new stuff?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Radish on June 16, 2012, 10:49:09 AM
.....why am I buying new stuff?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We all keep on asking the same question of ourselves Terry.

Don't worry about it and the feeling will go away eventually, usually when you have to move house because the kits are taking over TOTALLY!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Kerrillc

Just bought an Airfix Gnat, a Seahawk and a Typhoon from Allders. Had a 10% discount, but sad to say Allders are running what they describe as a closing down sale. The firm has been in administration since the 15th, which is shocking news in itself. So we are now losing another one of the big name stores. Very sad, especially for the staff and even more importantly the concessions staff who must be frantic with worry.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

kitbasher

From TAHS this morning 2 new Airfix 1/72 Spit 22s and some Aeroclub stuff.
And I think that's the last kit buying for me for this year (unless I see some ridiculous second-hand bargain at Telford!)
;D ;D

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on June 16, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
(unless I see some ridiculous second-hand bargain at Telford!)

You will, have no fear.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Je Te Plumerai-425 Allouette Squadron Defending Freedom since 1942

Halifaxes and Lancs to Clunks to Voodoos to Hornets.

$45 bucks, no tax or shipping....bought while a Lanc was flying over my head.....beauty !

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

I know. The spirit's willing but the flesh is weak. Just like it would be if i were trying to resist the charms of Penelope Cruz!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: Kerrillc on June 16, 2012, 11:59:27 AM
, but sad to say Allders are running what they describe as a closing down sale. The firm has been in administration since the 15th, which is shocking news in itself. So we are now losing another one of the big name stores. Very sad, especially for the staff and even more importantly the concessions staff who must be frantic with worry.

Yup Alders has been a large part of my life, went out with a few girls who worked there when I was younger, bought my first marital bed there etc. However it's been in and out of bankruptcy so many times over the last 20 years I've lost count. Hopefully someone will take it on
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Local Garden Centre, a Bristol Bloodhound for a couple of pounds.   It may well end up being air-launched, but from which aircraft, I don't know yet.   They have a huge stack of less than half price Airfix if anyone's in the Carlisle area and wants to take a look.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Another ebay win:

Novo De Havilland Hornet F.3

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't resist..
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

hmm, something different here...

a pack with three jigsaws in it, two of them are of the HP Victor and the other is of the 'tin triangle'

i had a call from richard about this and needless to say arranged to pick it up very promptly.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Some dinner plates,plastic, from Wilkos..... ;)

2 x 1/48th Pegasus Hobbies Fw 190A3....lovely quick builds....until I start mucking about ;D
2 x 1/48th HobbyBoss P-51Ds....look like nice clean quick builds...only underwing stores are fuel tanks, but hey, good decals (357 FG USAAF and 19 Sqn RAF) and plenty of options. They'll be real-world builds. Might get their 1/48th P-40M and definitely waiting for the P-47D which looks a real beauty.

1 x 1/72nd A-10A....to be RAF
1 x 1/72nd A-10A.....to be RAF......or Croation??

1 x 1/48th KitWorld decal P-51D 357th FG
1 x 1/144th Kitworld decal B-29....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

mkhulu

1/48 Airscale RAF instruments & 1/48 Airscale Allied cockpit placards

1/32 Airscale RAF instruments & 1/32 Airscale Allied cockpit placards

Set of Archers Dry Transfers : 1/35 German instruments & 1/35 German placards

Going nowhere slowly

Weaver

From ebay:

Keil Kraft 1/72nd Ford Transcontinental truck.  To add to the potential Patchwork World motor pool if I ever get the chance to build them...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones