My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Got my Meng Ki-98 today, had it to fetch it from customs since I bought it directly in China.
Still not certain what to make of  it - either a conservative IJA fighter, or something "different", e. g. a Taiwanese aircraft, leftover from WWII?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 27, 2012, 07:16:49 AM
Got my Meng Ki-98 today, had it to fetch it from customs since I bought it directly in China.
Still not certain what to make of  it - either a conservative IJA fighter, or something "different", e. g. a Taiwanese aircraft, leftover from WWII?

I'm going to do mine as the Thai aircraft from the box - love those Elephant markings  :thumbsup:

Unusually for me a Jet - Airfix new tool A4, probably FAA. Looks very nice in the box
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Hit the sale in the Trafford Centre Modelzone last night. Bit disappointing to be honest, with lots of the stuff on the website either not there or still at full retail. Did however get:

Revell 1/78th Fairey Rotodyne for a fiver - got three now, and each one's been cheaper than the last... ;D

Academy 1/72nd Dassault Super Etendard - not got a definite plan for it, but for three quid, it's basically an Exocet with a free aeroplane thrown in.

Airfix 1/100th P-47 pre-painted Minikit - because my collegue, looking over my shoulder at the MZ site, was much taken with the "cute likkle aewoplane" so for a devastating £1.49, it'll be on her desk Monday morning... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Off ebay, a 1/48 Eduard Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 Weekend Edition and from work a 1/12 Tamiya Honda CX500 Motorcycle, a 1/48 Tamiya Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf.D Stuka Zu Fuss plus some Russian soldiers in the same scale and by Tamiya as well.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

Fleabay win arrived.......all 1/72....Zvezda mi28 Havoc and Academy Typhoon n Tempest (Clostermann markings...)....all for a reasonable price......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on July 28, 2012, 01:18:19 AM
Hit the sale in the Trafford Centre Modelzone last night. Bit disappointing to be honest, with lots of the stuff on the website either not there or still at full retail. Did however get:

Revell 1/78th Fairey Rotodyne for a fiver - got three now, and each one's been cheaper than the last... ;D

Academy 1/72nd Dassault Super Etendard - not got a definite plan for it, but for three quid, it's basically an Exocet with a free aeroplane thrown in.

Airfix 1/100th P-47 pre-painted Minikit - because my collegue, looking over my shoulder at the MZ site, was much taken with the "cute likkle aewoplane" so for a devastating £1.49, it'll be on her desk Monday morning... ;D

Just been to the Manchester MZ this morning. No sci-fi stuff on sale there either, and not much different to the last time I looked to be honest. Got a Revell 1/40th M-48 bridging tank, because for a fiver, it's an excellect base for something sci-fi. In fact, the hull is such a "Dan Dare" shape that it'd make a pretty decent spaceship!

When I got home, a couple of ebay wins had arrived:

Hobbyboss 1/72nd AH-1F Cobra, becuase I want a flat-panel Cobra canopy.

Airfix 1/72nd NATO Hi-Tech weapons set: the second I've scored for a knock-down price, this time becuase it had no instructions. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Rheged

Just back  from holiday, during which my sons and I acquired  a   cheap " mig 29 "   that could become   part of the Fleet Air Arm  training squadron at Machrihanish,  a spitfire with floats  that was based on Port Stanley in1947,   lots of Citadel paints  and "certain other items"  for Rheged  junior's   birthday.  I'll list these AFTER  24th September. Suffice it to say that they were cheap and unusual.  Also a Gloster  Gladiator  kit in a broken box;  this could become a monoplane Gloster Grommit  to match the Westland Wallace Rheged junior is    thinking of   making.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Arrived from the BIG yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Sword Harrier T2/T2A/TAV-8A to be real world (could end up buying lots of these as it looks very nice indeed)

1 x 1/72 Heller Mirage 2000B to be melded with an old Esci EFA to make something nice

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

from antics coventry yesterday.....

2 of the new airfix 1/72 A-4B/P skyhawk  :wub:
Keeper of George the Cat.

JayBee

Just arrived from the big H, via the man in the red van (or to be more truthfull, the man on the red bicycle)

2 X Dragon 1/144 U-2R "Dragon Lady"
and some Alclad paint for a different project.

The U-2 is a gorgeous little kit (never thought I would refer to anything to do with the U-2R as little  :rolleyes: )
From the breakdown of the kit parts there are going to be at least two other versions released, one of them a two seater.

The, very small, transfer sheet gives two markings, 1 USAF (Snoopy) and one Taiwanese.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

One Planet models Martin Baker MB2 has just arrived via Ebay ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

From work, a 1/12 Tamiya Mini............................................. to be modified  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on July 31, 2012, 09:29:28 AM
One Planet models Martin Baker MB2 has just arrived via Ebay ;D

I can't IMAGINE what's in store for that poor little beastie.....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

From ebay:

2 x Orion 1/72nd Space Battles sets, one with 17 figures and 2 walkers, the other with 4 "flyers" and 3 figures.

WTF? All is revealed (scroll down to near bottom: sets DDS72001 and DDS 72006)

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

Ah, the ones with the 'joker' figures!  My favourite has to be the one at the very top, the pirate firing a belt fed cannon from the hip! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.