My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 08, 2012, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: Martin H on January 07, 2012, 07:42:34 AM
that place is Lee's 2nd home. He can almost always be found there lol

Only on a saturday.  And I bumped into Steve and his mate - what's his name?

Paul  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

McColm

1/72 Heller Lockheed Constellation C-121 'Berlin Airlift' from Kitkrazy. It's a big kit, all in silver plastic. M.A.T.S. decals roughly the same size as a 1/72 BAe Nimrod or Lockheed P-3.
I might whiff it into a Search & Rescue aircraft as I have 1/76 rigid Lifeboat and the searchlight from a Neptune kit. A Coastguard paint scheme looks chic or RAF Coastal Command.

Aircav

Spent some of the Christmas money I had and got the following:-
From Chestermoor
1/9 Revell Kubelwagen, half price
1/35 Dragon M16 half track

From Darlington
1/24 Tamiya Austin Mini x2, discout price
1/32 Revell BAe Hawk.
;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Today arrived my ART models Mig-23 UB, nice looking kit, all crammed into a zip bag, and taking up half the box  :unsure: The kit includes a pair of resin seats set into their own tubs, lots of detail, but one has a fair bit of flash, also there is a resin exhaust nozzle too which looks ok too. What surprised me the most was the number of decal options you get with it. Two Russian, two Polish, Ethiopia,Cuba, Iraq, Romania, India, East Germany, Algeria, Angola, Hungary,Libya, Czech republic and the Ukrane. Cool. A 4 page full colour booklet with all the versions and their markings as well as colour schemes for them is included too.
chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

So I wonder what the total retail value was of our combined reported stash growth last year, and whether this year's haul will beat it?

Are we keeping the world economy just about afloat?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

pyro-manic

Quote from: McColm on January 10, 2012, 12:44:25 AM
1/72 Heller Lockheed Constellation C-121 'Berlin Airlift' from Kitkrazy. It's a big kit, all in silver plastic. M.A.T.S. decals roughly the same size as a 1/72 BAe Nimrod or Lockheed P-3.
I might whiff it into a Search & Rescue aircraft as I have 1/76 rigid Lifeboat and the searchlight from a Neptune kit. A Coastguard paint scheme looks chic or RAF Coastal Command.

I like the idea of that. :thumbsup: Nice and subtle, and doesn't have to look much different to the normal C-121.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

JayBee

Not just afloat, positively boyant  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

noxioux

Been away from the forum for more than a year  :-\, in which time my stash has grown considerably.  I been missing the crowd here, but had not internet that whole time.  It was actually kinda nice.

However, I just accidentally purchased the WRONG polar lights Batmobile for a whiff.  Stupid me picked up the 1/32 in the collector tin, instead of the deluxe 1/24 kit I was really after.  Really super angry at this one, but the stupid things were marked with exactly the same price!!!  The small local store (which grossly overpriced both kits) won't take it back, either 'cause it's out of the shrinkwrap.   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Stupid is twice as bad when it's essentially your own fault.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on January 10, 2012, 12:56:24 PM
So I wonder what the total retail value was of our combined reported stash growth last year, and whether this year's haul will beat it?

A few weeks back I went through the whole thread for the year, to discover just how many Spitfires* I'd bought or acquired.  I came up with a final total of around 250.  That didn't include conversions or my own castings and I'm sure I missed a few, so the final total could be even higher...

*Spitfires covers any aircraft used in The Plan - Supermarine 224, Spitfire, Spiteful, Seafang and Attacker.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: kitbasher on January 10, 2012, 12:56:24 PM

Are we keeping the world economy just about afloat?
;D ;D

NEVER add up the value of your stash...... it'll scare you to death...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Won today on ebay;
1/72 Airfix BAe Nimrod @ £16
1/72 Heller Lockheed Constellation 'Pam Am' @ £20
The Nimrod will be built straightish from the box. The Connie will get an E-3 style spin top added to the fuselage.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Weaver on January 11, 2012, 04:11:35 AM

Wor Lass said I could have had a week abroad, inc. speding money, for what I spent at Telford!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 11, 2012, 04:48:49 AM

Wor Lass said I could have had a week abroad, inc. speding money, for what I spent at Telford!

Point out to her that you'd have forgotten it already by now..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 11, 2012, 04:48:49 AM

But you don't get sunburn, insect bites or all sorts of unpleasant bowel looseness from  your stash.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet