My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilitaryAircraft101

Uhhh...
1:1 P-40 Manifold Pressure Gauge & Directional Gyro :rolleyes:
I've got a D.520 and Typhoon Ib in the mail... The D.520 is my Aussierama project and the Tiffie... That's a surprise  :wacko:

Captain Canada

Finally back on the continent after my month long Newfie sojourn....

Revell's new Halifax. And I gotta say, WOW !
Airfix Angel Interceptor. Was going to be a VSTOL variant, but after fondling it, I think this one will be OOB just so I can fly it around.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

From Ebay France..... my Holy Grail kit..... a Fine Molds Kawasaki Ki-61 II. That's the Bubble-top in-line version of the Tony. Far better than the RS Models kit. Will I ever make it ???? Who knows !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

McColm

Won on ebay;
Vintage Revell 1/72 F-111 (TFX)
1/25 Revell Peterbilt 359 Conventional

MilitaryAircraft101

Seems purchases on the modelling front will become a bit like trench warfare as it conflicts with the panel project. I will continue to build, but I am going to try and focus my finances into the panel's parts for a while. But if something takes my fancy, I'm still going to try and sneak it into the stash. Might have to hide it under my shirt to get it through the door though. Oh and, in September, I will reduce finances spent on both as the cash starts being diverted into things with wings... :) But, that's 7 months away, so nothing to worry about.

Weaver

From Warren Kerfoot models: a couple of Knightwing 1/72nd 40' trailers: one canvas sided and one with a 40' container on it. These are to go with the two Keilcraft tractor units that Thorvic very generously gave me at the Bolton show.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Won a Wellesely on ebay, bits needed for the one I've had in build for a decade to two! Of course that will leave me with most of the airframe and not enough bits to finish it........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Kit, I might just be able to help you there. I will have a dig around the loft and hand over any "usefull" items that I may find at Milton Keynes
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2012, 10:52:58 AM
Won a Wellesely on ebay, bits needed for the one I've had in build for a decade to two! Of course that will leave me with most of the airframe and not enough bits to finish it........  :banghead:

Look at it as a challenge, rather than a problem. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

A 1/35 Trumpeter PT-76 off EBay for conversion into a 2К6 Луна TER.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

AeroplaneDriver

Sad to say I got a couple of bargains this weekend...sad because they were from one of my favorite hobby shops that is going out of business.  I've been shopping here since I had to get mom and dad to take me so I'd rather not see everything on sale...but I got:

1/32 Revell Hunter FGA.9
1/144 Revell B737-800

Both for $25.  Also loaded up on paints and glue. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

From a mate:
Rareplanes De Havilland Dove/Devon.  Part started and included the Aeroclub white metal props and u/c
Matchbox* Spitfire IX fuselage, converted to a Griffon version.  I've done some hacking and it will take a new wing, which will improve it no end.

Won on ebay:
Aeroclub Seafire XVII vacform fuselage conversion (also includes an Aeroclub Spitfire E wing)
Aeroclub Spitfire F.XII & FXIV fuselage conversions
Novo De Havilland Hornet F.3
Frog De Havilland Hornet F.3 (x2, the later white boxing)

*There's a number of Spitfire kits with no gull wing section but which otherwise have reasonable detail or shape.  This is one of them, the Heller Vb (also released as a Vc and HFVI) and Revell Vb being two more, plus the old Hasegawa mk Ia.  Provided you can get a decent Spitfire wing, most of these are salvageable.  I've done it with both the Revell and Matchbox kits. 

The old Testors F.22 is afflicted with the same problem, but the fuselage has an odd pinching in shape problem and the tail is wrong for a production F22, being closer to an F.XVIII.  It's best thought of as a conversion kit to do either an FR.XIVe or F.XVIII, and both need a Heller F.XVIe wing (the F.18 will need the standard wingtips) and both will need the ailerons modded to F.VIII standard.  Worth doing if you can get it cheap.

Note to self: do wing moulds ASAP.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

One Italeri 1:72 SR-71 with drone added today. The Blackbird will be a modified version, perhaps an airborne laser or missile carrier for the ABM/ASAT role. The drone might well end up as a spaceship.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Enough RF-4 camera bay windows to build an entire SQUADRON of PR19s from Gondor.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Two wins on evilbay.....both 1/48.....Revell Ka50...cool......and one I'd not heard of before....Bilek on the advert Hind F.....boxart has the outer wing weapon stn with the SAM-7 (?) tube underneath n twin 30mm cannon on starboard side....not found out much by googling the kit either...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!