My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Interested in seeing Mr Creaks Sea Venom 4 engined bomber, have a Matchbox in the stash and will be looking for ideas to steal!
Got some more arrivals from ebay on Saturday.
Academy 1/72nd F-89J Scorpion (Prob wif as I have the Revell for real world)
Airfix 1/72nd Shorts Tucano Red and White ZF138 boxing (why only one scheme for a series three kit?)
Arii 1/48th Al Abbas Scud Lancher (bought hoping to convert to an alternative Stratos 4 TSR.2 launch vehicle but it's far too small)
Esci 1/72nd F-27 Friendship (Golden Eagles boxing/Factory Sealed)
Hasgawa 1/72nd Focke Wulf Ta154V-3
Italeri 1/72nd Rafale C
Italeri 1/72nd Rafale M
Italeri 1/48th Saab JAS39B Gripen
Italeri 1/35th M24 Chaffee
JB 1/76th Bedford MK 4 tonner
JB 1/76th Land Rover soft top
JB 1/76th Land Rover hard top
JB 1/76th Saladin (may be stretched & sci fi-ed)
JB 1/76th Saracen (may be stretched & sci fi-ed)
Minicraft 1/144th Stratocruiser, United
Monarch Sinbad figure kit
Revell 1/72nd Dornier Do228-100 "Polar 2"
Revell 1/72nd Junkers Ju86 Z-2
Revell 1/72nd Vought F4U-5 Corsair (5th)
Trumpeter 1/72nd F-105D Thunderchief
Trumpeter 1/35th LAV-25 Air Defense (2nd)
Plus a Weyland Yutani USCSS Nostromo T-shirt

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Gondor

Today from PR19_Kit

Decals for my Lancaster XL and a pair of Buccaneer fuel tanks.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Arrived last week, from PR19 Kit:

2 x Airfix Lancaster u/c legs.  Means two of my stalled ones can finally be completed.  And I hate building the Hasegawa FN82 tail turret.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Mr.Creak on February 05, 2012, 10:29:31 AM

Matchbox China 1/72 Heyford - to be "monoplaned".

Think you may have bought that off me, if it's from E-Bay ? Thought I recognised the user name
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Revell 1/32nd Easykit VW car thingy....for post-apocacalypse whiffing.

(The DB5 is well on theway to completition as a post-apocalypse vehicle.... :thumbsup:)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

From Ebay:

3 Heller Spitfire XVIe
1 black boxing, 1 phototop & 1 modern.  I'm taking a gamble on the latter having a useful fuselage...  If not, I'll use it as a donor kit for one of the Aeroclub fuselages I have stashed
1 Airfix Spitfire IXc - it were cheap!
1 Novo DH Comet racer - comes with the latter.  The seller didn't know what it was.  It's a bit basic but a far superior kit to the Airfix one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 06, 2012, 10:20:11 AM
1 Novo DH Comet racer - comes with the latter.  The seller didn't know what it was.  It's a bit basic but a far superior kit to the Airfix one.

I think there is a sizeable body of opinion who'd disagree on that point, Lee.  Neither are great but from what I recall seems that if the best bits of each are slapped together you can get a decent result.  and at a much lower price than the Heritage resin kit.   ;D ;D

Quote from: Mr.Creak on February 05, 2012, 10:29:31 AM
Matchbox China 1/72 Heyford - to be "monoplaned".

B*gger!  Just started one of those myself - thought I was the only one to have thought of it.  Our own private GB perhaps?  ;)

Relieved MZ Holborn of an Airfix Gnat on the way home tonight.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Green Dragon

Monday delivery from ebay.
Italeri 1/72nd CRDA CANT Z501, didn't know there was a kit of this till I ran across this one on ebay.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McColm

I didn't win the Frog/Novo 1/72 Shackleton or the 1/72 Revell Shackleton off eBay. But I bought the JSTARS conversion kit from DJ Parkins. My plan is to fix this to the underside of my other Nimrod kit, making sure there is enough ground clearance by cutting around the pod and gluing it to the weapons bay rack as provided by the Airfix kit. Another idea of mine is to create a detailed cockpit and work stations by using clear plastic pieces.

Radish

Revell 1/1200th USS Iowa....for a "special" project :wacko: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on February 06, 2012, 12:43:53 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 06, 2012, 10:20:11 AM

I think there is a sizeable body of opinion who'd disagree on that point, Lee.  Neither are great but from what I recall seems that if the best bits of each are slapped together you can get a decent result.  and at a much lower price than the Heritage resin kit.   ;D ;D

Doesn't matter, it's going to be either a fast bomber (panic aircraft during the 1940 invasion using some light bombs from a Lysander or Blenheim) or a PR aircraft.

Club night last night and I got three Ventura Seafires (XV 'A' Frame, XVII and FR47).  Plus there's a distinct possibility of more from the same source.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitnut617

At the post office on Saturday, a 1/72 Aircraft in Miniature (Transport Wings) Boeing 767 was waiting to be picked up.  Been after one for ages.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

From the giftshop at the truly superb Musee de l'Air et l'Espace at Le Bourget airport in Paris, a Revell Blohm und Voss P194, and a Heller Saab J-21A. Both in the sale, and a steal at 4 Euros each. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Radish

Dapol OO/HO Pug loco.....for a special project.

SMER Pirate Ship.....for Biggles in the Antarctic....aka....Biggles Breaks the Silence..

2 x Hasegawa 1/72nd Ki-44 Tojos
2 x Hasegawa 1/72nd "George"..... :party:

Aircav

A 20 quid Ultrasonic Cleaner from Aldi which is at this moment cleaning my Airbrush.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader